The Avenger / Skyrocket

Started by sotoolslinger, March 31, 2008, 10:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff3385

license?  LICENSE?? He don' need no stinkin' license. With a gun that big why would he worry about a license?
He'll just wait for someone to go ahead and "make his day". Lock an' load sotoolsinger.  :cheers:
Jeff Briner
Past President
IPMS/USA

sotoolslinger

Hey this is what if..... what if I'm a nut :wacko: ;D :party:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Ed S

Nice cannon.  That will be a real ship buster.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

jeff3385

Quote from: sotoolslinger on May 22, 2008, 07:08:20 PM
Hey this is what if..... what if I'm a nut :wacko: ;D :party:
Well I sorta thought that was a given for just about everyone in here; at least the dreamers and builders. Every time I follow a WIP I am convinced you guys are certifiable. Reading your saga with traveling across the country, building in various hotel rooms, with whatever supplies you can gather. JHM and his Morsair and twin Jugs. Eddie M with that cool hot Flankenstein. And all the rest of the wacky wonderful whimsical wicked wonders of wiffery.
I am in a constant state of awe after reading these posts. Therefore it's a given... you, and the rest of this crowd, are simply NUTS!  :bow: :bow: :bow:
Jeff Briner
Past President
IPMS/USA

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

sotoolslinger

Here's a quickie update
What I have to put up with while building :wub:

Initial preshading

Around 6  different mettallic colors to go :wacko:
I amuse me.

puddingwrestler

That gun is... rather worrying. Although I'm sure such a thing would have been suggested and maybe even reached the prototype stage in WW2... Didn't someone have a 75mm anti-tank gun fitted to a plane? And it wasn't recoil-less either!
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Eddie M.

Why is the Specter of Death stalking you!? Oh, it's your cat! :lol: :thumbsup:

Glad to see you made it home okay. Since I can't predict what you're going to do next with this build ( which is a good thing) I'll be sitting by waiting for the next installment. ;D
   Eddie
Look behind you!

Ed S

Quote from: puddingwrestler on May 25, 2008, 07:02:34 PM
That gun is... rather worrying. Although I'm sure such a thing would have been suggested and maybe even reached the prototype stage in WW2... Didn't someone have a 75mm anti-tank gun fitted to a plane? And it wasn't recoil-less either!

I'm not sure about an anti-tank gun, but there were some B-25's used in the Pacific with 75mm guns mounted in the forward fuselage.  It worked pretty well as an anti-ship weapon.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

GTX

The Germans also fitted 75mm anti tank guns to a few aircraft - Hs-129B-2s amongst others:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

sotoolslinger

Cool pics G thanks for that.Since my gun will be recoiless and only hold 6 rounds I plan to make it a drop down installation from the existing bomb bay. That way I won't have to fair it in (but mostly to so folks can see how cool the gun is ) ;D :wacko:
I amuse me.

Eddie M.

Quote from: sotoolslinger on May 26, 2008, 08:37:33 AM
Cool pics G thanks for that.Since my gun will be recoiless and only hold 6 rounds I plan to make it a drop down installation from the existing bomb bay. That way I won't have to fair it in (but mostly to so folks can see how cool the gun is ) ;D :wacko:

Crazy minds think alike! :party: I was going to add a 75mm cannon to my B-25/ P-51 "The Pusher", but decided against it at the last minute. Yours looks a lot better than mine did. Here's how far I got.
    Eddie
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/scurrfy/B-25/HPIM0503.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/scurrfy/B-25/HPIM0508.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/scurrfy/B-25/HPIM0511.jpg
Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Cool Eddie , I wish you had done that  :wacko: I will have more photos of mine , with some more painting later. ;D
I amuse me.

puddingwrestler

I was probably thinking about the Henschel, although theres somthing kicking around the back of my mind about French pre-war planes (maybe even WW1) with enourmous guns... and for some reason I also have a feeling about something carrying naval guns... the figure 5 inches comes to mind. Although this may just be some crazy thing I discussed with my brother at some stage which never existed... (we have some odd conversations)
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Rafael

I'd say go with that gun the way you plan to do it Sotool. It looks incredibly mean!!!

I can imagine sailors jumping ship at the sight of an approaching plane armed like that

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER