The Avenger / Skyrocket

Started by sotoolslinger, March 31, 2008, 10:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Careful what you ask for. ;D
Studio 6 Austin TX.

That is my tiny hardcase for paint and supplies

See it setting by the fridge in the background.

There is an even longer shot with the F-7 T in the foreground.

A close up of the nightmare bar with curved files and vital Dremel tool.

Finally ,the trashed leg :banghead: :banghead:
It is a real pain in the posterior to pack and unpack all this crap everytime I have to switch ends of the country.... but I can't stand not to create.
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Eddie M.

You have given me hope for my vacation! :lol: :thumbsup: Is that hydrocodone I spy on the table?....... You have all the tools and stuff I have right now on my bench at home! Sweet! What's the prognosis on your leg?  I hope it feels better soon.
   Eddie
Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Vicodin :wacko: I actually got in half a day today, cutting trim and crown mold for a new store but I had to bow out at lunch. I did work on the Skyrocket though . Pictures in a minute.
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

And here we are....Back in black

Detail work on the new rio

Effin PSR will I ever get this smooth?

I amuse me.

John Howling Mouse

Wow, this just keeps getting better and better.  That's one boss aircraft you are producing there, Boss!

Next, you'll be dragging a compressor and airbrush into hotel rooms?

So, um, do the guys on your crew know what you do in your spare time?  I don't mean the model-building; I mean the toenail polish application!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Quote from: sotoolslinger on May 12, 2008, 05:46:35 PM
Vicodin :wacko:

So, you can afford the name brand stuff. Poor shulbs like me only get hydro...... by prescription, of course.

I'm amazed at your level of work away from homebase. Looks great! :ph34r:
   Eddie
Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Got the airbrush with me ,forgot the compressor :banghead: :banghead: lets just keep the toenail polish between us. :drink: :party:
Eddie I'd rather have the intact leg, course the V is nice :wacko: thanks for the good words :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

matrixone

That looks really cool! But what is most impressive is you are doing this kind of modeling while on the road!

Matrixone

sotoolslinger

Thanks One .I can only read so much and drink so much beer. If I don't create my brain gets to full. :party:
I amuse me.

jeff3385

I have just put in a good 30 min. reading the trials and tribulations of this build. What started out as a great build turned even greater after your disaster. Rebuilds give us a second chance. There are several chronicled here on the site. Yours is one of the very best. You are quickly putting all of the "stayathomes" to shame with your cross country modeling saga. I will be following this closely from now on and anticipating each installment. Very inspirational and entertaining. :bow: :bow: :bow:
Jeff Briner
Past President
IPMS/USA

sotoolslinger

Thanks Jeff. I am very pleased you are enjoying this.
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Well I got in 10+ on the trashed leg today. Do I come back and relax .... no I PSR then reprime and PSR some more

Well it is gettin smoother

Now you bastiches see why I didn't want to do BLACK!!!

Especially after seeing FLANKENSTEIN, thanks Eddie.  >:(
This thing's gonna go on as long as Morsair :blink:

Like all those references to really GOOD builds I throw in when I really don't have any content  ;D
I amuse me.

jeff3385

Yeah, but like the Morsair, we know you're gonna stick with this until it is completed. The satisfaction you will get when you post that finished model will more than make up for your frustrations and tribulations. If is was easy, all of us would be doing this stuff. You are part of a very elite group of pioneers who can open a kit and sense the possibilities... and then achieve those possibilities. Your collective skill and imagination keep all of us glued to the screen and hanging on every update. You have brought this bird back from the brink of disaster on repeated occasions, and you are still hanging in there.  :thumbsup:
Jeff Briner
Past President
IPMS/USA

Eddie M.

You're being more honest in your photography than I am, that's for sure! I tend to show angles that hide my mistakes.  :rolleyes: ;D 2 things. 1) your efforts are worth it 2) Congradulations on finding a model not made in China. :cheers:
Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Thanks ya'll I's just funnin anyway. ;D I  really love this stuff. I  really love the work  and the accomplishment and I REALLY love all the feedback I get from all ya'll :wub: I have been doing this stuff all my life but discovering this site and all you fellow travelers makes it even better. :bow:
I amuse me.