BAE Hawk and T-45 Goshawk

Started by Nick, October 17, 2003, 03:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

You reference to the Hunter Jim, got me thinking of another aircraft the canopy looks a bit like, the SAAB Gripen's canopy
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Mossie

I've got a Harrier Ii canopy in the spares box, I'm sure that won't fit but an earlier one might.  I haven't got a Jag to check.

I've got a feeling that the Hawk 200 canopy is in another box, either that or it's in another project, that of turning my garage into a 1/1 landfill site. :o
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

ysi_maniac

A Soviet/British mix in BPRAF colours.  ;D

Honestly, I love this design! :mellow:
Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitnut617

Quote from: Gondor on August 09, 2022, 09:55:04 AM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on August 09, 2022, 09:47:50 AM
Cool new intakes on the T-45C.  These would look good on a Hawk 200...

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/navy-t-45-goshawk-trainers-being-upgraded-with-swept-engine-inlets

Thanks for that, very interesting.

Gondor

I wonder if that's for aerodynamic reasons or just an elongated platform for big footed rookies   ;D ;D ;D
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: kitnut617 on August 09, 2022, 09:58:21 AM
Quote from: Gondor on August 09, 2022, 09:55:04 AM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on August 09, 2022, 09:47:50 AM
Cool new intakes on the T-45C.  These would look good on a Hawk 200...

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/navy-t-45-goshawk-trainers-being-upgraded-with-swept-engine-inlets

Thanks for that, very interesting.

Better airflow at higher angles of attack to prevent compressor stall.  Would make perfect sense to put these on the T.2

Gondor

I wonder if that's for aerodynamic reasons or just an elongated platform for big footed rookies   ;D ;D ;D
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Zero-Sen

ysi_maniac

NARSES2

I like the Sea Ghost in particular  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.