BAE Hawk and T-45 Goshawk

Started by Nick, October 17, 2003, 03:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

To be fair a ton of pilot (military and civilian) training does these days rely massively on synthetic trainers (i.e. simulators), it's been happening for quite a while, tbh.  For example, there's no two-seat F-35, after all, so how else can conversion training be provided?

And RCAF advanced flying training will continue to happen on a contractorised basis as the press release states.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 14, 2024, 09:16:41 AMAnd if they send their pilots to the UK for training, what will they train on?

Hawks.........................  :banghead:

Yes, but our Hawks are now T.2's which are more up-to-date than the CT-155's were.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Mossie

Sheppard still uses T-38's I believe, so not exactly state of the art.  The RAF are also sending new pilots to Italy to train on the M-346 alongside the RCAF.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.