Uninhabited and Unafraid, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UCAV, UAV, and Drone Aircraft)

Started by GTX, April 04, 2008, 06:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Hi folks,

I like UAVs and related - therefore I thought I might start a thread dedicated to UAVs/UCAVs etc.  Either dedicated or conversions welcome.

To begin with, I thought I might post a Uninhabited Super Hornet.  Given the apparent dislike by many of the RAAF's SH acquisition, what if they go one further in the future and convert their F/A-18Fs into QF/A-18Fs?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Continuing with the "how to irritate people theme", how about a Spitfire UAV:

Feel free to add your own ideas.

Regards,

Greg

GTX

GTX

Russia might also have a use for a uninhabited CAS aircraft:

Regards,

Greg

jcf

C'mon Greg do the F-22 Turkey Buzzard.  ;D

As an aside I also find UAVs to be very interesting.  :cheers:

Jon

GTX

No F-22 I'm afraid - I don't have a line drawing (help anyone?), how about something else?

With the F-22/35 entering service, what to do with those F-15s?

Regards,

Greg

GTX

And one can't leave the USN out of the picture:

Regards,

Greg

GTX

And with the Rafale not selling so well, maybe an uninhabited variant would be worth a go:

Regards,

Greg

GTX

GTX

And let's not forget the OCDF's QF-111G "Terminator Pigs" (as used in the Whaling Wars):

Regards,

Greg

GTX

With the Hawk's days coming to a close (apparently), maybe its time to go uninhabited:

Regards,

Greg

kitbasher

While I'm building my 'Styrene Scrapyard' UCAV I'm sat opposite a redundant Matchbox Hawk and I've been thinking of unmmanning that eventually.  So far the idea has been to remove the wings, fin and tailplane and replace these with Phantom tailplanes (in butterfly confiuration) and Tornado wings (from an Airfix GR4 I've got set aside for a future whiff) with the original Hawk tailplanes grafted on to these as winglets.  Canopy to remain in place, but lumps and bumps to be added for sensors, etc, of course.
Strictly a UAV, I think (perhaps to be flown from HMS Queen Elizabeth alongside F-35 Lightnings?) - maybe done in time for SMW2008 (subject to Tonka whiff progression).  Another product of Failsworth Aerospace, methinks!
;D ;D  
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

B777LR

Somebody should do a UAV Zero. No need to waste any more pilots in kamikaze raids!

GTX

jcf

Quote from: Archibald on April 14, 2008, 10:29:44 AM
Or better, 767, lots of them unused these days...  :wacko:
I suppose, but, less than 3% of the fleet is available currently (27 aircraft).

Planes built: 960
Active: 873 -> 91%
The majority of the out-of-service aircraft are the older-200 series.

Not bad when compared to the A300,
Planes built: 567
Active:  386 -> 68%

Jon