Uninhabited and Unafraid, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UCAV, UAV, and Drone Aircraft)

Started by GTX, April 04, 2008, 06:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Jeffry Fontaine

Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

rickshaw

Out of a matter of interest, does anybody have a set of 3 view drawings of the GAF Jindivik.  Actually, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned in this thread.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

JayBee

Quote from: rickshaw on February 23, 2010, 05:56:12 AM
Out of a matter of interest, does anybody have a set of 3 view drawings of the GAF Jindivik.  Actually, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned in this thread.

There was an article in IPMS UK mag. some years ago with drawings (it came from IPMS Australia).
I have it somewhere, when I find it I will scan the drawings and post them up here.

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Mossie

Hmm, that makes me think of an unmanned version of the jet XF5U, a retro Cylon Raider! :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

rickshaw

Quote from: JayBee on February 23, 2010, 06:19:00 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on February 23, 2010, 05:56:12 AM

There was an article in IPMS UK mag. some years ago with drawings (it came from IPMS Australia).
I have it somewhere, when I find it I will scan the drawings and post them up here.

JimB

Thanks.  It would be most appreciated.  Considering its one of the most successful drones produced, there is very little real information available online and no drawings.  :(
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

:thumbsup:

The article also gives drawings for the Pika if you are interested.
Highplanes do/did both the Jindivik and the Pika in 1/72, and Final Touch did the Mk2 Jindivik in 1/72 in resin.
The Highplanes Jindiviks have the launch trolley in white metal.

jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

elmayerle

Well, the obvious UAV candidate is the F-35 which, given the natures of its systems architecture, would be easy to adapt.  I could see s streamlined access hatch replacing the canopy for a UAV variant.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Logan Hartke

These are all very neat, Stéphane.  Both look eerily plausible.

Cheers,

Logan