Neomega Hawk 200?

Started by AeroplaneDriver, April 06, 2008, 07:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

Since the Hawk 200 is a big favorite of mine, and there is no 1/48 kit available, I'm toying with the idea of ordering the Neomega conversion for the Airfix 100.  One of hte guys on britmodeler is starting one, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with this set?  I've never done anyhing with resin other than ejection seats, so would this be a good thing for a resin virgin to try?
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

kitnut617

I've only got one neomega conversion set AD, but it is first rate stuff.  IMO, you'll be better off using a very good resin set than trying your hand using a bad made one.  With the parts fitting much better to the donar kit, half the battle is already won and all you have to concentrate on is making sure the bits are glued on correctly.  Don't forget to wash all the parts in warm soapy water first though  :lol:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

McGreig

Quote from: kitnut617 on April 06, 2008, 08:14:52 AM
I've only got one neomega conversion set AD, but it is first rate stuff.
I agree. I've not built the Hawk 200 conversion (not my scale or subject) but I have used their 1/72 Badger intakes and exhausts and built their 1/72 Kennel missile and early Su-15 conversion (new nose, wings, canopy and auxiliary intakes) and they were well moulded, fitted well and were generally easy to use. I'd be surprised if the quality of the Hawk 200 wasn't up to the same standard.

lancer

A friend of mine at my club has used the Haw 200 conversion kit, I watched him build it up at a club meet. All I can say about it is that it went onto the airfix kit flawlessly and level of detail in the neomega kit was superb!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die