Lockheed & Boeing & Vought LWF-contenders

Started by Deino, December 03, 2003, 12:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deino

Just found another picture of the P-530 Cobra mock-up !
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Deino

... and the long way from the P-530 .... YF-17 ... to the final F/A-18:
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Geoff_B

Hi Deino

Just looking at that Boeing 908 for the lightweight fighter comp and it reminds me of the Hawker 1121 in many ways. I suppose it could be worth asking Boeing if they have any details in the archives on it.

Cheers

GeoffB B)  

elmayerle

QuoteHi Deino

Just looking at that Boeing 908 for the lightweight fighter comp and it reminds me of the Hawker 1121 in many ways. I suppose it could be worth asking Boeing if they have any details in the archives on it.

Cheers

GeoffB B)
Hmm, I know you can make arrangements to research in their archives, wonder if I know anyone in the Seattle area who could do that.  
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Bryan H.

The Vought Model 1100 is really nice; a mating of F-8 & F-16 is bound to produce a beautiful plane!  :wub: The Boeing Model 908 is fetching, also.  :)

:cheers: Bryan  

Miscellany (that effects modeling):
My son & daughter.
School - finishing my degree

Models (upcoming):
RCN A-4F+ ArcticHawk

Bryan H.

QuoteJust looking at that Boeing 908 for the lightweight fighter comp and it reminds me of the Hawker 1121 in many ways. I suppose it could be worth asking Boeing if they have any details in the archives on it.

Who owns Vought now?  I wonder if they have info that can be made public on the V-1100 & V-1600?

:cheers: Bryan

Miscellany (that effects modeling):
My son & daughter.
School - finishing my degree

Models (upcoming):
RCN A-4F+ ArcticHawk

overscan

Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

elmayerle

Quotehttp://www.vought.com

Seems to be in business still...
Well, yes and no.  Vought was bought and slpit between Lockheed and Northrop in the 90's - Lockheed got the missiles and booster operation (MLRS for example), Northrop got the aircraft branch that was a top=quality sub-contractor to Boeing and others.  Moving forward a few years later, when Northrop-Grumman spun off their commercial sub-contracting efforst, the new company picked the Vought name back up because the division headquarters had been in the Vought facility in Grand Prarie, TX (roughly half-way 'tween Dallas and Ft. Worth).  This company later expanded it's sub-contracting efforts by acquring Avco Aerostructures in Tennessee.  I have no idea how many of the records from the older company remain.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Scooterman

getting red Xed on the first couple pics..........

nighthunter

Yay, somehow this ended up in the recent area, so sorry for the thread necromancy. Anywho, here is the Boeing Model 908/909.

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*