Egads! Monster B-17 Zwilling somethingoranother...(pics)

Started by Tuck, April 10, 2008, 12:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuck

Posted on Modeling Madness today....

Bet it would of scared the bejeebers out of the Luftwaffe..

"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

lenny100

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Joe C-P

Homina homina homina...  :o

:bow:

What's the wording on the paper beneath it?
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

SimonR

The 10 engined B-17 zwillig was a bold enough concept. It didn't need the C-47 mistel on top!
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

puddingwrestler

Oh my good glod... that is rather on the awesome side. I'm desperately trying to think of any WW2 airfield which could handle such a monster!
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

John Howling Mouse

Love that the modeller went as far as to add further nacelles to each nose!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: puddingwrestler on April 10, 2008, 05:58:33 PM
Oh my good glod... that is rather on the awesome side. I'm desperately trying to think of any WW2 airfield which could handle such a monster!

hmm, farnborough or boscombe down would struggle probably so i think its muroc dry lake......  :wacko:

damn fine model indeed!

Keeper of George the Cat.

lancer

You could always try a straight section of any motorway/autobahn/interstate that was available I suppose...  :wacko:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

wagnersm

OMG is right!  Sheeh.

I had two thoughts when I saw that.

1) Why was the C-47 having carnal relations with the B-17Z? <grin>

2) I hope somebody trains those radiomen in the B-17 right, or they gonna bag themselves some C-47 wing panels.

Steve

B777LR

Yet another example of the SHWTMTOHH Syndrome ;-)

(Somebody has way too much time on his hands)

Brian da Basher

While I understand where you're coming from Wooks, no need to dampen the enthusiasm of those who may find this subject inspiring.

Brian da Basher

Spey_Phantom

good lord that f*ckers huge  :o
the one who build that sure has cohonés  :o

this must be the most radical zweilling ive ever seen  :bow: :wub: :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Joe C-P

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 15, 2008, 05:09:39 AM
It's good but....  Cliff on a stick, I am utterly bored with Zwillings.  I was bored with them at least 5 years ago when everyone and his wife were doing them and they bore me to tears now. 

Does no-one ever think about why these types were created in the first place instead of just sticking bits together?

Oh bother, lots of the time I just start building and figure out why later.
Of course, I never do anything quite so elaborate as this. This seems to be more of "How ridiculous can I zwilling+mistel" than anything practical. I'd say the shark has been well and truly jumped.

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.