Group Build Ettiquette

Started by JoeRugby, April 12, 2008, 07:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeRugby

Greetings all..

the question is...would it be bad form to build one of the topics not selected by the membership for the monthly group build?

ALL BLACK - ENOUGH SAID !!!

Shasper

In a nutshell, No. Just dont anticipate entering it into that particular GB when the time comes (99.9999999. . . % of our GBs do not allow prebuilt subjects to be entered).

HTH

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

AeroplaneDriver

Joe-

Very little is considered bad form on here.  As long as you keep your sense of humor, dont get all political, and respect everyone you are free to build whatever, whenever and post it here.  If you want to stick wings and a nuke on a turnip it would be welcomed here.

As Shas indicated, there is no prohibition on builds inspired by upcoming GBs, in fact I find future builds a great source of inspiration when the building bug hits.  If you have an urge to build an air defence gray P-47 and post it here it will be welcomed and drooled over, just dont plan on entering it in a future 'gray pride' GB.  Having said that, some of the GB forums do have a thread specifically for prior builds that fit the category to serve as inspiration to others.  Even if you dont see such a thread where you wold like to post a prior build, your project would certainly be welcomed as a prior build that was not eligible for voting.

So come on, spill the beans, what do you have in mind??

:cheers:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

NARSES2

Could not have put it better then Aeroplane Driver. If something gives you inspiration then build it and share it. Sometimes by the time an actual GB comes along you've moved on to other things.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 13, 2008, 01:52:06 AM
Could not have put it better then Aeroplane Driver. If something gives you inspiration then build it and share it. Sometimes by the time an actual GB comes along you've moved on to other things.
...or, as I've found with Piston Perfection and Styrene Junkyard, GBs can provide the impetus to bring forward and realise ideas you've had rattling around your head for a while.  Either way you win. ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

JoeRugby

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on April 12, 2008, 10:27:10 PM
So come on, spill the beans, what do you have in mind??

Well the Pirates idea got me to thinking...a Curtis CW21 in Dutch service...sea plane floats from an Arii Cessna 172, you know the random stuff...

ALL BLACK - ENOUGH SAID !!!

Brian da Basher

Shas, AD and Narses have steered you in the right direction, Mr Rugby. Inspiration takes many forms and we'd all be very interested in seeing what you come up with.

You know, that turnip idea has me thinking. "Garden Variety" GB anyone?
;)
Brian da Basher

PanzerWulff

Quote from: Brian da Basher on April 13, 2008, 09:45:12 AM
;)
Brian da Basher
I think a Carrot would make a good F-104 Starfighter :thumbsup: :blink: :thumbsup:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Ed S

Quote from: PanzerWulff on April 13, 2008, 02:36:44 PM
Quote from: Brian da Basher on April 13, 2008, 09:45:12 AM
;)
Brian da Basher
I think a Carrot would make a good F-104 Starfighter :thumbsup: :blink: :thumbsup:
"Panzer"

Or a watermelon with C-17 or B-52 wings.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

anthonyp

To paraphrase something's that been said time and again on this site:  Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to!

As the other posts above have said, you might be able to enter whatever you build in a GB, it all depends on the moderator of the build.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Daryl J.

About the only bad form around here is that gullet of adipose wrapped about my middle.   :thumbsup:

Daryl J.

NARSES2

Quote from: Daryl J. on April 13, 2008, 10:03:49 PM
About the only bad form around here is that gullet of adipose wrapped about my middle.   :thumbsup:

Daryl J.

;D ;D ;D

I know a couple of people who could use those Adipose Pills - me included  :blink: Just wondering if the "soft cuddly" versions will ready for Christmas  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

In the past where a GB hasn't been selected, people have had an informal or sponsered GB.  Basically, you all agree to build a subject within a theme & fixed time scale, just you post in the current builds thread & the mods don't have to organise anything.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.