2 beautiful RAF schemes for the 2008 display season

Started by nev, April 13, 2008, 10:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

lenny100

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Mossie

Well, the Tucano is nice but kind of what you expect, but the Hawk......

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

About blummin' time we got a scheme like that!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Spey_Phantom

a spitfire painted hawk  :wub:, i hope it will perform in belgium this year  :mellow:
who's up for a lancaster scheme painted nimrod  :rolleyes:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

nev

I don't think it will be used in an ariel display - 208 are supplying this years display Hawk, not 19 :(
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

The tucano is a bit ho hum, but that Hawk scheme...WOW!!! That is going to be a stunner! Love it.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

nev

lancer

Looks pretty smart, but to me not very attention grabbing. Not the most colourful looing advertising tool I've ever seen.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

nev

Mossie

Aluminium undersides then.  I'd personally have preferred Night/White but I'm just being picky, it wouldn't be authentic then either.  It must have taken a fair bit of Fairy Power Spray to take the surface off that paint!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Well I just bookmarked that site, Nev, good find !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.