SPINNERS

Mesmeric.

:wub:

Watching this with interest!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

(cheering from the sidelines)

"Go Spinners, GO !"

Ian

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Jeffry Fontaine

I am not sure what impresses me the most about Simon's current WIP.  Is it the sheer size of the project or the fact that he has spent close to $100.00 in model kits to perform this kit bash? 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

AeroplaneDriver

Really following that old addage of 'measure with micrometer, cut with an axe' aren't you Simon?   ;D

Coming along nicely!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

ysi_maniac

I do like this kind of 'Surgeon Projects'. Lot of blood :wacko:
:thumbsup: :wub: :cheers:
Will die without understanding this world.

SimonR

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on May 15, 2008, 01:52:46 PM
I am not sure what impresses me the most about Simon's current WIP.  Is it the sheer size of the project or the fact that he has spent close to $100.00 in model kits to perform this kit bash? 

I had to buy decals and a 1/48 Revell Eurofigher to get the Storm Shadows too. 87 UKP/170 USD total!
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

sotoolslinger

Hey neeto, another freak like me :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

SimonR

The wings are on and I'm very pleased with how this project is turning out. It expresses a sort of pre-Suez British self confidence before we realised our time in the sun was over.

Except... although I normally like aircraft with asymmetrical elements I don't like the offset canopy on this model. My original plan was to replace it all with a full Tornado cockpit and canopy fitted in the Canberra fuselage - an idea I discarded due to time constraints - and now I wish I had. Of course, I still have another Canberra fuselage and it would be easy to replace the front section so I may still do it.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

sotoolslinger

Looking super cool though. Think long about changing the front end. You know how those decisions work out. As soon as you do it you'll decide you want it like it was. :blink: However you decide it will end up spectacular. :wub: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

AeroplaneDriver

I think it would look incredible with a Tornado cockpit and canopy grafted in.  I've never been a huge fan of the odd British tendency of offset fighter-style canopies.  To me the B-57B and goldfish-bowl Canberras look best. 

Still, no matter what you do with the office, this one's looking great!   :thumbsup:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

John Howling Mouse

Yeah, I'd center a canopy as well.  Makes it more of your own, unique concept.  This sure is coming along nicely.
:wub:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Hawkeye

Yeah what up with that...offset canopy...at least you'd a thought they'd of put it on the right side. :blink:

A centerline canopy that offers improved vision would make sense to me, but you'll have to access what it will take to do the mod in your established timeframe.
Gerald Voigt
http://www.hawkeyeshobbies.com
Its not the workbench that makes the model, it is the modeler at the workbench.

nev

That actually looks a lot better then I thought it would  :thumbsup:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

B777LR

Perhaps with the remainders you could do a UAV? Glider? Stubby little recon plane with new engines?

bexwh773

Quote from: nev on May 19, 2008, 09:25:14 AM
That actually looks a lot better then I thought it would  :thumbsup:

I have to agree with Nev, when I first started reading this lastnight I thought "OMG sacrilige, shoot that man" LoL  However, I reread your post about the Canberras inherent instability in Asymetric Thrust Conditions on engine loss, then saw the last photo and thought "Yeah, this works very well"  (side note, many RAF crews were lost to both simulated & actual Asymetric Thrust, Cranberry's were very unforgiving)

Im really looking forwards to seeing this one finished  :thumbsup:  How much weight did you manage to cram in the nose?

Bex
Becky aka Bex