Canberra GR.22

Started by SimonR, April 19, 2008, 04:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Bird

Only just found this one as well, great work, another one that just looks so right. :thumbsup:

Sisko

Fantastic mate!!!! :thumbsup:

Certainly worth the wait.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

NARSES2

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on August 25, 2008, 09:20:43 AM

Seriously though, looks great.  In Hemp you almost have to take a second look to realize it has 4 engines and Storm Shadows.

Good luck on the move South!!   :thumbsup:

My views exactly - tremendous stuff
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Wow - that looks so right! Very convincing...  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Quote from: SimonR on August 25, 2008, 09:29:03 AM
I've also done a lot of motorcycle racing this summer which basically wipes out every weekend.

What kind of motorcycle racing ? Big down there, eh ? I just found Micoproducts, and am trying to scrounge up the $4500 to buy a frame for my RZ !  Ugh....

Anyway, on to the model ! What a beauty ! Your paint finish is impeccable ! Great execution on a really cool idea. I bet that would really turn a few heads and get people thinking.....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Hman

Wow-stunning-cool-whiff :thumbsup:

:bow:
"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."

SimonR

Quote from: Captain Canada on August 26, 2008, 07:03:35 AM
Quote from: SimonR on August 25, 2008, 09:29:03 AM
I've also done a lot of motorcycle racing this summer which basically wipes out every weekend.

What kind of motorcycle racing ? Big down there, eh ? I just found Micoproducts, and am trying to scrounge up the $4500 to buy a frame for my RZ !  Ugh....

Just club racing in Belgium and the Netherlands - I use a 2006 Yamaha R1 that I bought from a bankrupt endurance racing team in France. I've also got a 2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R for the street but I partially disassembled it to fit a PCIII and Akra pipe but never got around to putting it back together.

Thanks for all the kind comments guys. It's the appreciation of the community that makes the hours of putty-sand-repeat all worthwhile.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Daryl J.

The final product is simply awesome!

Veravera well done indeed.

Daryl J.

Eddie M.

Beautiful work! glad to see you still out and about.;D
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on August 25, 2008, 09:20:43 AM

Seriously though, looks great.  In Hemp you almost have to take a second look to realize it has 4 engines and Storm Shadows.

Man, I feel like a real pinhead now but, if AD hadn't mentioned it, I would not have noticed the four engines (you did that good of a job, Simon!).  Me=  :banghead:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

The Rat

Okay, here's the 'elephant in the room' - what are you going to do with the leftovers? Glider variant?  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

ysi_maniac

Super neat finishing of an amazing project.
5 stars:  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:
Will die without understanding this world.

Weaver

Quote from: The Rat on August 30, 2008, 10:40:47 AM
Okay, here's the 'elephant in the room' - what are you going to do with the leftovers? Glider variant?  ;D

How about the original Westland bomber proposal, with a single big centrifugal engine in the rear fuselage?

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones