Heinkel He 111 and derivatives

Started by GTX, April 21, 2008, 02:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Hi folks,

How about some He111 whiffs?

A float plane to operate from Fjords or the Med' perhaps?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

A radial engined version?

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Maybe in the '60s, the Spanish decide to re-engine their CASA 2.111Bs with turboprops to create CASA 2.111Ts:

Regards,

Greg

GTX

What else can you think of?  I've got a few more in mind.

Regards,

Greg

Archibald

What about a higher-speed He-111 with "cleaned lines" (no gondola and others draggy artefacts)
I know that turbojet- He-111 has already been done. Why not trying one with a different canopy ? (I think early He-111 had)

Awacs He-111 maybe, with huge radome a la E-1B Tracer ?

I'd like to see a single-jet He-111, I mean the turbojet would be in the tail with intakes... well I don't know where! (maybe on the belly ?)

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Arc3371

A He-111 tankbuster? A trimotor รก la SM.79?

Archibald

In autumn 1940 Luftwaffe finally understood that Me-109 had too short range, Bf-110 were too vulnerable. The solution found was similar to what USAAF did three years later with B-17 and B-24 : a flying AAA platform  with massive firepower.
Sadly with all these weapons onboard these He-111 could no longer followed the bombers, and were quickly scrapped.

French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

jcf

Float version is possible, however, the floats would need to be much larger than your profile.
Take a look at the He 115, He 119 or any of the big Italian float bombers for an idea of dimensions.

The He 111 V-14 was equipped with BMW 132 radials, and there was a radial engined He 111 used in China.

I've had a cleaned-up Monogram He 111H-22 in work off and on for a while now, the gondola has been removed and the turret will not be installed. It will be a high-speed courier aircraft.

Jon

Archibald

I thought that Kitnut would say that ;) 
Mistake corrected (at least partially)

jcf

Quote from: Archibald on April 21, 2008, 04:44:04 AM

I'd like to see a single-jet He-111, I mean the turbojet would be in the tail with intakes... well I don't know where! (maybe on the belly ?)

Another ATAR test-bed ala the B-26? :mellow:

Jon

Archibald

Thanks for the pic - it looks like an F-80 air intake!

Maverick

I've done Allison & Pratt & Whitney engined examples for the USAAF in my profile thread.

I've also seen pics of a four engined maritime recce conversion and have similar desires along the lines of a Zwilling.

Regards,

Mav

GTX

Quotefour engined maritime recce conversion

4 engined He-211 "Albatros" already planned as a Fw-200 compliment!

Regards,

Greg

jcf

Quote from: Maverick on April 21, 2008, 03:25:39 PM

I've also seen pics of a four engined maritime recce conversion and have similar desires along the lines of a Zwilling.

Regards,

Mav

There were no four engine He 111s built, however there was the four-engine He 116B long-range reconnaissance aircraft based on the He 116 long-range mail-plane/airliner. While of similar appearance to the 111, the 116 was smaller, powered by four 240hp air-cooled inverted V8 Hirth engines and had a plywood-skinned wooden wing.

He 116B-O

An He 119 type conversion of the 111 with four engines (two twinned-engine asemblies) and contra-props would be interesting and mechanically complex enough to be a plausible German project.  :banghead:

He 119
Jon

GTX

QuoteI'd like to see a single-jet He-111, I mean the turbojet would be in the tail with intakes... well I don't know where! (maybe on the belly ?)

Maybe like this:

Regards,

Greg