Heinkel He 111 and derivatives

Started by GTX, April 21, 2008, 02:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverick

Jon,

The conversion I mentioned seeing was a whif, not real-life or projected.

Regards,

Mav

GTX

Quote from: Maverick on April 22, 2008, 03:45:22 AM
Jon,

The conversion I mentioned seeing was a whif, not real-life or projected.

Regards,

Mav

Would this be the one?

See here: http://frank.bol.ucla.edu/cb.html

I have something similar planned both in pixels and plastic - details soon.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

QuoteAn He 119 type conversion of the 111 with four engines (two twinned-engine asemblies) and contra-props would be interesting and mechanically complex enough to be a plausible German project.

I take it you mean a He-111 with the engines in the fuselage and the propellor/nose arrangement similar to the He-119.  I'll see what I can deliver.

Regards,

Greg

Maverick

GTX

QuoteA He-111 tankbuster?

Here you go - with 75mm cannon to boot!!! Also different engines:

Regards,

Greg

GTX

In 1941, the Focke-Wulf Fw 200 Condor was joined in the anti-shipping role by the He-211 "Albatros":

Later on some were fitted with radar and anti-shipping missiles:

And just for comparison - a standard He-111H-6:

Regards,

Greg

Archibald

GTX hope you don't mind I use your profiles and put my own derivatives there ?

One of the crazier concepts involving He-111 derivatives was the rocket-propelled-high speed-troop- glider. In short, a He-211 or a He-111Z would tow the He-111R (for Racketen).

After release the He-111R would light its four Walter 109 engines to boost its height and speed in order to avoid allied fighters. After that it would land and release its troop.

A V-tail similar to the HG-III was adopted.

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Maverick

Greg,

Those maritime birds & the tank buster kick azz!  Very, very nice.  Although the panzerjager could most likely tote a larger weapon than the 75mm.  The Hs-129 carried a 75, as did one of the Ju-88Ps.

Regards,

Mav

frank2056

Is Craig Burke a member here? I've been hosting those images for almost a decade now (!!!) and his Whiffs were always inspired and inspiring.

GTX

QuoteGTX hope you don't mind I use your profiles and put my own derivatives there ?

Go for it - the more, the merrier!  I like your He-111R.

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Quote from: frank2056 on April 23, 2008, 06:54:49 AM
Is Craig Burke a member here? I've been hosting those images for almost a decade now (!!!) and his Whiffs were always inspired and inspiring.

I don't think so - but he should be!

Regards,

Greg

frank2056

Quote from: GTX on April 23, 2008, 12:39:33 PM

I don't think so - but he should be!

Regards,

Greg

I emailed him an invite. I hope his address is current.

Frank

GTX

QuoteAlthough the panzerjager could most likely tote a larger weapon than the 75mm.  The Hs-129 carried a 75, as did one of the Ju-88Ps.

Well, I could go for a Duka 88 gun:

or even a 280 mm recoiless cannon:

or better yet a 356 mm Gerät 104 Münchhausen:

Regards,

Greg

Maverick

Thanks for sharing Greg.

I've heard of the RCLs on German bombers (something I've never been a huge fan of, mainly due to the 'one-shot' capacity, unless of course the lower example can be retracted into the aircraft & reloaded) but the revolver 88 is new to me & looks like some serious hardware.  Was it a project for their armour or developed for airborne use?

Regards,

Mav

GTX

John,

Dusenkanone Duka 88.

Originally a Kriegsmarine projekt in 75mm the duka 88 was designed as a electric motor actuated, drum magazine type cannon for aircraft.  The 88 mm tube was feed by a rotating 10 shot magazine, the electric motor rotate the drum 36 degrees after every shot presenting the fresh cartridge in front the chamber , loading it and closing the breech. The heavy recoil was alleviated in part by means of two nozzles venting the gasses backwards, one in the top and other in lower fuselage.It had a calibre of 88 mm, a RoF of 10 shot/min, mass ~1000 kg and length 4705 mm.  It was also to use semi-self combustible cartridges.

Mind you, a tank based version could prove an interesting whiff.

Regards,

Greg