Gekko Tribute Build - F I N I S H E D !!

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, April 27, 2008, 08:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

When the Meteor and the Tiffie are finished this week, I'll be taking a break from building for the RAF 100 theme for a few weeks to make a start on this:-

Spent quite a lot of time with our Richard coming-up with camo schemes for Nationalist Spanish & Italian 262's last year. It may not be exactly this scheme when it's finished, there's a couple of others I'm very tempted to use, but each scheme IS accurate and well documented on other airframes. I wrote a whole 'thesis sized' essay for the 262 in Spain & Italy and their participation in the second Desert War (1944-48) some of which Iposted here on the Alternative History page.

Anyhoos, I'll be using this:-

As my 'raw material' and will probably be making a start sometime in the next two weeks or so. As ever when I get-around to remembering to post-up progress shots, I'm happy to take all pot-shots, criticisms and questions.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

YES!! YES!! 

*stands on sidelines cheering*

Gorgeous subject and I have total faith in your ability to pull it off Ian  :thumbsup:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

matrixone

I have a few of those kits in my stash and will be watching this build with great interest to see how well this Tamiya kit goes together. :thumbsup:

Matrixone

Sisko

Quote from: Sisko on April 11, 2008, 07:08:05 PM

I know I said that I was taking a break to finish some Sci-Fi builds and some commission builds but I need to take a break from my break.

So I'm doing this one baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems I'm not the only one doing a Gekko inspired build ;D

Look forward to your build!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Seven-and-a-half hours later !

Not a 'shake and bake' build by any means and at this point, the wings are only pushed into place. left the gun cover off for now, as it's easier to install the nose gear, also I wanted to add a lot more nose weight.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Dork the kit slayer

Get it done while you can............................no time when the  new 1:1 rugrat arrives. :drink: :party:
That Gekko blokes got a lot to answer for. :thumbsup:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Some self explanatory progress:

Construction finished - I've left-off the intake fronts as they are going to be white and the rudder..... because I forgot it !

Got some time this morning so preshaded the panel lines in the same way as the Meteor:

Thanks for looking.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

NARSES2

Looking forward to this Ian

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Another five minutes of spraying (and twenty minutes cleaning-up ! :angry:), here's what I have:-

As you can see the white panels on the upper and lower wings are different sizes, just to add interest and I believe that some of the 110's had this stile earlier in the war. Also very early on decided NOT to have the white wing tips follow the panel line, looks more 'aggressive' with them at 90deg to the C/L, doncha think ?

Hopefully, tomorrow, I can get the Grigio Mimetico (Bluey Grey !) on the underside.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

sotoolslinger

I really love the way you have done your preshading. You are a great teacher :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Humbrol 63 Sand with a light overspray of Humbrol 94 brown/yellow. The undersides are Xtracolour ADC Grey

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

sotoolslinger

Cool I may very well steal that paint job for the Bushmaster. I won't ,of course do as good a job. ;D ;D :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

John Howling Mouse

Already a work of beauty, Ian!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

Nice paint work, Ian! It's always a treat to see one of your updates.
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher