Gekko Tribute Build - F I N I S H E D !!

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, April 27, 2008, 08:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Radish on June 04, 2008, 07:43:21 AM
I thought you'd put the grey paint on a bit thick, then realised it was blutack. :banghead:

Looks super.
Is it straight from the box apart from the scheme? Why not put it into the nationals Competition?
I've a SFTB Spitfire in Biggles colours going in, and probably a Crusader Hurricane too. :thumbsup:

Well coming from you, Terry, I'm seriously humbled. Remember old friend there's a long way to go yet and almost limitless opportunity to scr*w-the-pooch. On to the decals.....

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Brian da Basher

That's a beauty scheme, Ian! You're well on your way to creating another prize-winner!
:bow:
Brian da Basher

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

lancer

That is magnificent Ian. how did you do the masking?? Last time I tried something like that the blue tac almost ruined the model. Please enlightnen ne.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Sisko

I bet your heart was racing as you pulled the masking off!

I know mine does.

Looks bloody amazing :wub:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

John Howling Mouse

So, do you go into these projects knowing how good it's going to become or is it as much a pleasant surprise to you as it is to us?

:bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Decals on.... weathering next.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: lancer on June 05, 2008, 01:57:02 PM
That is magnificent Ian. how did you do the masking?? Last time I tried something like that the blue tac almost ruined the model. Please enlightnen ne.

Hey Lance, the only 'special preparation' I made was to brush-paint two coats of Klear/Future over the whole topside and left it o'night before adding the Blu-Tack.

Sisko - "I bet your heart was racing as you pulled the masking off!"

H*ll yes !

JHM - "So, do you go into these projects knowing how good it's going to become or is it as much a pleasant surprise to you as it is to us?"

They always look really great in my minds-eye. However when they're built, if thay are half-way to what I imagined, then I'm happy !

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

Hubba, hubba, and, er, HUBBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

sotoolslinger

Dangit, I wish I had read that before I started painting :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

matrixone

Thats looking really good Ian! :cheers:

Matrixone

BlackOps

Ian, you have the gift! Beautiful job  :thumbsup:  Really love seeing your progress shots and the finale is always killer!  :bow:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Hotte

A beautiful german girl in italian style  :bow:
Super !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hotte

Daryl J.