For all the skepticals about AIRBUS

Started by ysi_maniac, April 28, 2008, 12:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Jennings

Skeptical as I am about Airbus products, I'm pretty well convinced that all of them have cockpits :)

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

John Howling Mouse

Yep, I saved this in the "Planes Spotted Today" thread.  Fantastic.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Supertom

Wait, so the guy on the left seat has to fly left-handed?

And by the way, if you look behind, there's cupholders.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Supertom on April 28, 2008, 10:22:54 PM

Tom-

The guy on the left always flies left handed, the guy on the right is always flying right handed, and there are always cup holders hidden away somewhere.  Most of the actual flying is done with the tip of the index finger (working the various autoflight modes). 

B777LR

Quote from: Supertom on April 28, 2008, 10:22:54 PM

And theres a table too!

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Mossie on April 29, 2008, 06:11:07 AM
No toilet though.... :rolleyes:

Well as was once observed in Monty Python, it would take some of the glamour out of the job if there was a toilet in the flight deck.  That's why Su34 pilots get no respect.   ;D

Mossie

But it could give you an excuse as to why your trousers where around your ankles when you're caught with the new cabin crew girl..... :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

lancer

Quote from: Mossie on April 30, 2008, 01:31:46 AM
But it could give you an excuse as to why your trousers where around your ankles when you're caught with the new cabin crew girl..... :thumbsup:

Oh thats an easy one to explain - You're just showing her the difference between a throttle and a joystick... :wacko: :wacko: :thumbsup:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

B777LR

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on April 29, 2008, 09:04:32 AM
Quote from: Mossie on April 29, 2008, 06:11:07 AM
No toilet though.... :rolleyes:

Well as was once observed in Monty Python, it would take some of the glamour out of the job if there was a toilet in the flight deck.  That's why Su34 pilots get no respect.   ;D

But it does have a galley, and thus the respect is lifted, coz the pilots know how to cook!