B-36 kitbash

Started by Hawkeye, April 29, 2008, 10:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkeye

Here is a project that hangs on the fringes of my workbench. From time to time I revisit it and make a little more progress on it. It is the Monogram 1:72 B-36 with a shortened fuselage with wing(s) from the AMT 1:72 XB-49 being mated to it. Sort of a YB-60 concept but the engines will be internal. I'm thinking high speed high altitude recon platform. Since I was cleaning off the bench I thought I share it with you. Maybe someday I'll get serious with this project.

Gerald Voigt
http://www.hawkeyeshobbies.com
Its not the workbench that makes the model, it is the modeler at the workbench.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

kitnut617

Now that's an interesting idea  :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Brian da Basher

Just mention the B-36 and you've got my attention, but this concept takes it to the next level! I hope you'll keep working on this one and share your progress with us Hawkeye!

Brian da Basher

HOG

Nice idea and nice pix but I think it needs to be in a larger scale. At 1:32 it would BE the fringes of your workbench ;D

:drink:
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Captain Canada

Very nice....but I don't get it ? The wings look the same to me !

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jcf

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 29, 2008, 05:08:34 PM
Very nice....but I don't get it ? The wings look the same to me !

:banghead:

B-36

B-49

Jon

Hawkeye

Now that's a clear precise answer John. Thanks. :thumbsup:
Gerald Voigt

Ed S

Looks like a great idea.  Are you going to sweep the tail surfaces as well?  It looks like it could be part of the RAF's "V" bomber series.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Hawkeye

Quote from: Ed S on April 30, 2008, 11:10:30 AM
Looks like a great idea.  Are you going to sweep the tail surfaces as well?  It looks like it could be part of the RAF's "V" bomber series.

Ed

That is the plan. I've even toyed with doing a twin tail or T-tail configuration. Nothing like re-engineering the whole thing! A nose mounted radar too! This will slick down the lines even more.

It will look much like the British V-Bombers as well as the Russian monsters. Hence its project name "Thirtysixski"
Gerald Voigt

MarkH262

That looks cool. I think you should mate a modern day B-52 front to it and get rid of the 40's style glass nose and canopy.

Mark

Eddie M.

Very impressive! Keep working on it, you'll feel better and keep us happy. ;D Reminds me of my B-17/KC-135.
   Eddie
Look behind you!

gooberliberation

Wow that's totally badass looking! Perhaps go with a t-tail to make sure NOBODY mistakes it for a YB-60
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Ed S

Quote from: MarkH262 on April 30, 2008, 12:24:43 PM
That looks cool. I think you should mate a modern day B-52 front to it and get rid of the 40's style glass nose and canopy.

Mark

Or maybe a fighter type canopy like a B-47.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

puddingwrestler

An OPEN COCKPIT ala WW1!

Exits amidst a hail of thrown objects and cries of 'Boo!'. Thinks to self 'lucky I didn't go with my first idea for a navy style flying bridge...'
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.