Swedish Merlin

Started by Mike Wren, December 05, 2003, 04:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ollie

QuoteI'm a bit confused. Why camoflauge combined with "HERE I AM!" orange?

Hmmm...

1- Easier to just paint everything camo, then add bits of colour as needed.

2- If a war breaks out, it's easier to repaint small bits than a whole chopper.

No?

:wacko:  

Mike Wren

also, if it crashes in the middle of a forest it is easier to spot the wreckage.

Oh, and it's used for SAR aswell...

Mike Wren

almost 4 years on & the Swedish Merlin is finally complete (not that it's actually taken that long to make, there was a 3 year, 10 month gap in between, obviously)

hope it gets to Telford in one piece on sunday...

pics to follow...

:D  

Spey_Phantom

i'll be looking forward to the pics, that splinter camo on the merlin looked Great  :wub:  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

B777LR

QuoteLooking very nice that Mike (Just a pity Sweeden went with the bleedin NH-90 with only Denamrk selecting the the Merlin  :angry: ).
:thumbsup: They are become more and more normal here :wub:  

Captain Canada

Quotealmost 4 years on
And I finally spot this beauty ! I must have been on the East Coast in Dec of '03. But I gotta say, what a beautiful looking bird ! Greg job, Mikey ! Looking forward to seeing some more pics !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

cthulhu77

Beautiful work, that is going to look great on the show bench!

retro_seventies

Still in awe Mikey - this is a beautiful plane indeed!

Nice of the boys to celebrate a return of this baby with a win over Rohan Ricketts and his mates Barnsley, eh?
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

rafi

I like your swedish Merlin very much! :wub:

Rafi

Ian the Kiwi Herder

D*mn..... why have I never seen this before.... It's Saturday night as I'm writing this, cannot wait to see it tomorrow.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Sisko

Bloody nice model man!!!  :thumbsup:   :wub:

And worth the wait.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

seavixen

QuoteI'm a bit confused. Why camoflauge combined with "HERE I AM!" orange?  :blink:

JoeP
I must admit that's something that has always puzzled me as well!
Stackridge: Rhubarb Thrashers of the World Unite

SebastianP

The dayglo panels were added to the existing splinter camo when the Hkp-4 Vertol fleet was consolidated into a single version, all of which are tasked with SAR, ASW and tactical transport. By contrast, the Super Puma, which was ordered specifically for SAR, is green with dayglo orange panels and never wore the splinter scheme AFAIR.

The camo on this Merlin suggests a retasked machine - one that's been permanently transferred from tactical transport to SAR duties.

SP

Mike Wren

HKP 10 Merlin, multi-role ASW, SAR & transport variant utilising features of both naval & military Merlins

retro_seventies

Speechless, Mike...

Wow.

:o

:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.