Mexican FW190s - two quick builds (hopefully!)

Started by nev, May 07, 2008, 12:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

These 2 Butcher Birds have lain in Deep Storage for about 8 years, at the "almost complete" stage.

I've got a few long-term projects on the go atm and I feel the need for some quick and easy satisfaction (!)  So its time to pull these babies out of the spares box and spruce 'em up.

Ya see, Mrs Nev is away till Monday  :cheers: so I figured I could bang em out as quick builds - simple schemes, paint em with spray cans...that's the plan anyway  :ph34r:

They will both be Mexican to fit in with Narses Alt History of a right wing Nationalist government in Mexico - think Franco's Spain - being supplied by Nazi Germany.

Plan by end of day1/Wednesday (today) is to have them all buttoned up and ready for a coat of primer tomorrow....
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 08, 2008, 03:09:49 AM
In addition, I'd also cut away the solid canopy sections on the fuselage. 

Too late!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

OK, work progressing well on these.

Number 1 - has had another sand coat, now for the earth disruptive pattern...

Number 2 has also had another coat of Halfords aluminium, although its a bit orange-peely :(

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Brian da Basher

Nice progress, Nev! I'm really going to enjoy watching you complete these beauties!

Brian da Basher

matrixone

I also like the NMF Fw 190.

What kits are these made from? They look pretty good!

Matrixone

John Howling Mouse

It's fun to see your in-progress painting stages as I have no idea yet what the finished scheme will look like.   :smiley:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

nev

Quote from: matrixone on May 12, 2008, 07:03:19 PM
I also like the NMF Fw 190.

What kits are these made from? They look pretty good!

Matrixone

Thanks, Revell 1/72.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Looking good, my friend. If that silver is a wee bit 'orange peely' just take a very fine grade wet'n dry to it, don't be too timid, you can always hit it with a second thin coat of Aluminium.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Patrick H

Looking good Nev, especialy the silver one. Very special.

:cheers:
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

nev

Desert camo one has surged ahead...NMF bird needs an anti-glare panel spraying  :mellow:

Howard of Effingham

Keeper of George the Cat.

Mossie

That looks nice Nev!  With the silver one, I guess the rattle can is a bit cold?  If you're going to stip it & attack it again, I've found putting it in the airing cubpoard or near the central heating boiler for about fifteen to twenty minutes warms the can up nicely.  Don't let it get too hot though!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Very nice, low contrast between the two browns certainly suit it   :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.