Track-heads and Fish-heads get together

Started by Aircav, May 11, 2008, 02:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

lancer

Oh, now that is just too cool!!! What a brilliant idea!! That has gotto be one of the heaviest guns mounted on any western naval warship today hasn't it? I'm sure our resident ship experts will correct me
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

pyro-manic

BAE Systems are currently working on mounting the 155mm from the AS90 self-propelled gun to the 4.5" mount used on RN warships. Good idea.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

proditor

MONARC has been put on hold unfortunately.  It seemed like a darn good idea, but in practice, there were apparently major issues and the German Navy has back-burnered it for now.

Aircav

Quote from: pyro-manic on May 16, 2008, 06:21:21 PM
BAE Systems are currently working on mounting the 155mm from the AS90 self-propelled gun to the 4.5" mount used on RN warships. Good idea.
I can see it now,
Royal Artillery Officer,
"Gunner, wheres the turret and gun off that AS-90 ?"

Gunner,
"It's the Navies turn to have them this week Sir"

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

pyro-manic

Heheh. ;D

See here for more info: http://www.baesystems.com/Newsroom/NewsReleases/autoGen_1071114103911.html

Good idea, and very workable. Would be a very useful upgrade for the fleet, giving greatly increased firepower, and options for a whole range of new shells - guided projectiles, rocket-assisted long-range fire, etc.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Aircav

I still think that a turret on a warship should have two guns cos if you only have one and it stops working your stuffed......

Sir Sydney Camm

lancer

It is a very good idea, and I agree with you Steve, there should be 2 guns in the turret. But I still have this vision of pongo's running along the dockside yelling 'Oi!!! Give us our gun back!!!'
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die