Main Menu

Ok I`ll Bite

Started by HOG, May 18, 2008, 03:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S

That's looking good.  You could call it the "Dizzy Gillespie".

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

HOG

OK Ed, I`m probably gonna regret this, but why?
:cheers:
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Ed S

Dizzy was a jazz muscian who played trumpet.

Notice the cheeks.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

HOG

Hoyhoy`l

Hi Ed S, I knew who Dizzy Gillespie was but the cheek connection was way over my head. You have to remember your dealing with a modeling fool here. ;D

Any way more progress made. I decided that the tail wasn`t working and looked a bit odd having a Fokker D7ish tail on a science fiction subject. (also it kept breaking and was a bugger to sand). So in the style of Foss I give you Hog.1

looks a bit rough here but it is around 4x life size on the screen. Still lots to do and only 2 weeks to go.

Comments etc etc
Cheers :drink:
Gary
(_E=mc2_)
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

GTX

Cool - looks like an extra from Star wars - maybe a Gungan craft?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Weaver

Quote from: HOG on May 31, 2008, 01:03:59 PM

looks a bit rough here but it is around 4x life size on the screen. Still lots to do and only 2 weeks to go.

Comments etc etc

Not sure if you're referring to the end of the Flying Saucery GB here, but if you are, please note that it's JULY 15th : 6 x weeks.... (panicked me there!)

Like your approach very much, in fact, your headphones models got me staring thoughtfully at a broken trackball controller on my desk  :wacko:. Too late and too busy for the Armour GB though, but it might get done anyway......
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

HOG

It`s JULY!  well just time to start somthings elses then.
Thanks for the input and must make another appointment for an eyetest.
:cheers:
:drink:
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Brian da Basher

It never ceases to amaze me how you're able to pull off such convincing models from such a diverse collection of "found objects". Your work is a constant source of amazement and inspiration! This one does indeed look like it leapt from the pages of Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy! I really like how the yellow and red markings comliment the black paintjob!
:bow:
Brian da Basher

Ed S

Looking good.  I like the color scheme.

Ed

HOG

Hoyhoy`l

Last post for a while as I`m visiting me Mum in the west country, far away from the maddening crowds.

I`ve done a bit of preweathering by airbrushing some vague panel effect using the card templates shown and also included is the sheet of homemade decals made by rubbing down some DPT on a sheet of Microscale red decal and painting over with acrylic and lifting the DPT with masking tape. Should be nice and set by the time I get back for some serious weathering and re-entry burns etc.
Comments as usual
Gary
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

HOG that is absolutly beautiful :wub: Please post that over at Starship Modeler they will love you too :wub: :party:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Brian da Basher

I'm especially impressed at how he worked his whiff-name into the markings.

Show off!
;)
Brian da Basher

HOG

Hi

Bri & SoToSli,

Thanks for the kind words,
Brian.............Of  course :mellow:
Sotoolslinger...Tell them to come to me! ;D

It`s comments like these that help to keep my ego (which has a slow puncture) inflated and stops me getting my head through doors :rolleyes:
Gary

EDIT
I know I said I`d be away for a few days, but since my last visit my Mum`s bought a laptop! and she`s better at the buttons than me.
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

HOG

Hoyhoy`l

Back from sunny Devon, with model stickered and now ready for some weathering. Didn`t take any paint with me just some prepainted decal sheet and the micro stuff.
Funny, if I was to sit in the front garden in London applying decals, I would be ignored by all and sundry walking past with eyes rigidly facing forward in case you talk to them, but down there everybody wishes you goodmorning/afternoon as they go past and "howz yer Mather", some even taking an interest in what your doing,young or old. Maybe their bored or just nosey but it`s quite refreshing to pass the time of day in a friendly chat with a total stranger.

top front quarter

top quarter from above

near full frontal

quarter view rear

near plan top

near plan bottom

upside down front

Coming together quickly now. Tommorrow should see the legs finished, then it`s just airlock door and ladder and maybe a little dio`.

All comments etc welcomed
Gary

(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

darkwolf29a

Very cool. :)

I love the Dizzy G shape. ;)