Main Menu

B-36

Started by Sisko, May 21, 2008, 06:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinlail

Thanks found this text http://www.air-and-space.com/castlb36.htm

"One of a pair of retractable turrets, each equipped with two 20 millimeter cannon. The turret door slides down the side of the bomber to expose the two turrets. There is another pair of turrets on the forward fuselage and a third pair on the lower rear fuselage, below this pair. The gunners occupied the plexiglas bubbles. A mechanical analog computer calculated the direction to point the turrets, taking into account the necessary lead angle and the displacement of the guns from the sighting blister."

So four turrets up top and two at the bottom, and one at each end

Sisko

Just for the record the and I guess that I didn't mention it before but the door for the lower turrets is sealed.

But with a little kit bashing it could be opened.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Aircav

I was reading that on take-off a lot of the crews use to have the forward upper turret hatches open just in case of a accident so the crew just behind it could escape faster.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

NARSES2

Quote from: Aircav on June 10, 2008, 03:49:21 AM
So, when you going to build yours Chris, eh, eh, when eh, he,he  ;D

1/72 or 1/144 scale one ?  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Gekko_1

Excellent result mate! :thumbsup:

Are you going to bring it to the model expo this year?

:cheers:

Richard.

Excalibur

Love the traditional camo scheme and the nose art. great build.

Sisko

Quote from: Gekko_1 on June 22, 2008, 01:22:15 AM
Excellent result mate! :thumbsup:

Are you going to bring it to the model expo this year?

Richard.

Glad you liked it!

I am definetly bringing it to the expo.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

BlackOps

Hey, how did I miss this one? A real Knockout  :wub:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Dork the kit slayer

Thats just...so...well...sort of...well..........................................GOOD :wub:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Aircav

Found this one on a French website

Sir Sydney Camm

Captain Canada

Whoa ! What is that ? 28th scale ?

Pretty cool find.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Aircav

The German version is 1/72 scale

Sir Sydney Camm

Eddie M.

Very beautiful work Sisko! You never cease to amaze me with your talent. :thumbsup: :bow:
   Eddie
Look behind you!

ysi_maniac

Amazing collection of High quality models :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow:

More versions on the way? hopefully -_-
Will die without understanding this world.