K

LF Matchbox or FROG 1:72 Mosquito

Started by K5054NZ, May 24, 2008, 04:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K5054NZ

Hi all!

Easy as that! Let me know if you have one. Keen to buy but do have a couple of kits for trade.

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

K5054NZ

Thanks gents.

Lee - I was only planning on doing a "633 Squadron" TT.35 mocked up as an FB.VI, so the Matchbox one's probably my best bet. I just need a two-stage bomber :).

sequoiaranger

>Avoid the Frog Mossie.  It's not worth the effort.  Better off grafting the spare nose and canopy from the Matchbox kit onto the Airfix FB6.<

Wooksta--Yeah! that is precisely what I had in mind for my future "Highball" Mossie!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

K5054NZ

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 26, 2008, 07:57:07 AM
Bearing in mind that one of the four main Mossies used in "633" was actually a T3 (RR299), it may be better to use an Airfix FB6...
*shakes head and waggles finger* Uh-uh, gotta correct you there! RR299 was actually in "Mosquito Squadron" - the "633" machines were pretty much all TT/B.35s:
(from Wikipedia) The Mosquitos used in the film were:

* RS709 Flew in the film
    * RS712 Flew in the film
    * RS715 Cockpit section only
    * TA639 Flew in the film
    * TA719 Flew in the film
    * TJ118 Cockpit section only
    * TV959 at Bovingdon airfield, but did not fly in the film (T.III to be fair, but didn't fly in the film ;) ZY)
    * TW117 Flew in the film

Wiki mentions a T.III, unsure which one it is. But it's not RR299, as nothing I've read says it was in "633".

Besides, I like the mocked-up "FB.35" look! Thanks anyway - I've got a model of RR299 in "633" marks now anyhoo!

K5054NZ

OK - sorted! Got one in the UK, shall be winging its way here shortly. Watch this space for the build :).

K5054NZ

Thanks a million Lee - I was wondering if the bulged bombbay and canopy were available anywhere! Luckily from my first recent FB.VI build I have the u/c left over, so I should (may) be able to tinker with that.

K5054NZ

:lol: You may have guessed I went STRAIGHT to Aeroclub after reading your reply - Mastercard's a bit stretched ATM but I'll certainly be making some infvestments over there soon. Thanks again for your help!

sequoiaranger

Lemme know if you want the lettering. I can send it to you in the mail tomorrow if I get an address. Can't send it w/o an address!

CB

K5054NZ

sequoiaranger

K5054NZ

Ok, I'm sorry Lee. I would mention the fact that Aeroplane Monthly's first Database, about the Mossie, has a bio of RR299 in which "Mosquito" is mentioned but not "633". But I'll take your word for it- arguing over silly trivia does nothing positive for my health.