Main Menu

Mstang

Started by sotoolslinger, May 25, 2008, 05:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOG

Hi Sts
I am liking this very much, just the right side of wierd......will this be very very off white? ;D
:drink:
Gary
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

Yes  it will be multiple colors of very off white in a sort of ,oh I don't know, camoflagey way ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Sisko

This is one F$#@@in wild build. I especially love the tail arrangement!!!

You know it has a vaguly anime feel about it.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

jcf

One note, its only been Holden NZ since 1994, prior to that it was General Motors New Zealand.

http://www.holden.co.nz/heart/heritage/

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: sotoolslinger on May 30, 2008, 09:51:40 AM
Yes  it will be multiple colors of very off white in a sort of ,oh I don't know, camoflagey way ;D

Wow, there's a quote that would set any JMN to gnashing teeth and rendering garments!!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

JHM You have no idea of the amount of blank stares and confusedly blinking eyes at Scalefest 2008 today :party: :party:
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Jonc, I think you must be mistaken because in my world Holden built this engine in 1939 :blink: :blink: :blink: ;D ;D ;D I am on the right site ain't I :unsure:
Hey I'm not a foriegn manufacturer geek, the only reason I know Holden exists is because I once thought Mad Max's car was a Holden. I also used to have a '74 Pontiac Ventura and I saw an El Camino version in a hot rod mag that was made in NZ.
All my backstories are science fiction, or iow pure bull hockey, however they are all real in my head. :ph34r: :mellow: ;D
I amuse me.

HOG

" however they are all real in my head"

Which is the only place that really matters, ;D
This is a whif site, dates and the slightly darker shade off very very off white used is irrelevant and irreverent. The rest is just guidelines to the REAL reality as you see it.

sometimes this helps :cheers: :drink:
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

jcf

Quote from: sotoolslinger on May 31, 2008, 06:16:46 PM

Hey I'm not a foriegn manufacturer geek, the only reason I know Holden exists is because I once thought Mad Max's car was a Holden. I also used to have a '74 Pontiac Ventura and I saw an El Camino version in a hot rod mag that was made in NZ.

- Max's car is a Ford Falcon.

- That would be a Holden Ute, (an Australian creation that you can still purchase BTW).

- Holden is a GM division.

- Allison Engines was a GM division.

- Your engine could be called the Holden-Allison.

I'm not mistaken about anything, my personal preference is for real world based Whifs , or Whifs that contain a bit of real world info because they have that whiff of probability that can mess with some folks heads. It was in that spirit that I offered the info about the real GM NZ operations and timeline.

sotoolslinger

I know that Jon ,I was just funnin with you ;D ;D ;D ;D In the words of the immortal Toecutter " You've got a pretty face ,but you've got no sense of humor" ;D :lol: :wub: :party:
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Just a bit on this one today,I have to work tonight :banghead: :banghead:
I added strakes to the ventral fins to match the vertical stabilizers

I need some suggestions on this one, Ya'll did such a good job naming the Bushmaster/Gunslinger :thumbsup:
This will be a P-78 as this was an original designation of the Mustang but I don't want to call it Mustang so if you would be so kind please throw out some names :wub: :wub:
I amuse me.

Brian da Basher

Nice mods on those tailplanes, Toolslinger! How do you like the name "Thoroughbred"?

Or you could call it the "Pinto".

;)

I'll get me coat.

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Cool, I just went to save the latest update pics in the archive and (at first) picked the "Eddie M" folder by mistake!  It's like finding out there were two Elvises!

Don't know about a formal military designation but could the pilots and ground crew call it the "Bender"?  On account of the unique wings.

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

JHM Bender is the unofficial nickname for sure ;D :lol: :ph34r: Not just for the drinking reference ,or that Futurama is my favorite but in my world this will be the only plane that can maneuver with the P-55 F / (Zero,Bf 109) or any of my fellow whifffers super fighters of the era :thumbsup:

First primer coat :banghead:
Surprised me  ;D
As much cuttin as was done there are amazingly few major flaws

The bottom sucks worse than the top

I amuse me.

pyro-manic

Oh yes. :wub: That is stunning. Call it the Charger. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<