Workbench at R'lyeh

Started by cthulhu77, May 26, 2008, 05:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Too many subjects on the table right now. My current headache is the finish on Nemo's Car: 7 coats of clear, wet sanded in between, and probably two more to go:

sotoolslinger

Good golly oh great old one ;D There are 1/1 car painters that would clamor for your services. :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

cthulhu77

Thanks, but every time I spray on another coat, I find another flaw. It is driving me nuts.

On the bench, a scratchbuild of a fast attack boat, the U-boat cruiser, and a Ferrari.  10 more in the pipe. Yikes.

sotoolslinger

Nuttybuckets ;D your worse than me :ph34r: :thumbsup: :wub:
I amuse me.

Brian da Basher

Dinosaurs, airplanes, ships, tanks and cars...is there anything you can't do, Greg? To me, being able to build so many diverse subjects so convincingly is the height of talent! My hat's off to you!
:bow:
Brian da Basher

Gary

Getting back into modeling

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: Gary on May 27, 2008, 07:51:10 AMThat car is so amazing!
Recalling what little was shown of that vehicle in LEG, it is interesting to see it again as a model.  Is this a scratch build or has someone produced a model of the car in question?
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on May 27, 2008, 02:17:26 PM
Quote from: Gary on May 27, 2008, 07:51:10 AMThat car is so amazing!
Recalling what little was shown of that vehicle in LEG, it is interesting to see it again as a model.  Is this a scratch build or has someone produced a model of the car in question?

It's available from WAVE models out of Japan and very costly.  This is the first time I've ever seen it actually in progress on someone's workbench.

http://www.rocketfin.com/mcc/nemo_lxg_automobile.cfm
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

Friggin clear coats are driving me nuts. This is over six days or so of coating and sanding.

sotoolslinger

I feel your pain, sandpaper and paint hate me. :banghead: :banghead: I think plastic harbors a secret grudge also >:(
I amuse me.

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: cthulhu77 on May 29, 2008, 06:16:24 AM
Friggin clear coats are driving me nuts. This is over six days or so of coating and sanding.

Sounds like a real drag.  Why don't you just send it to ME and I'll take care of it from here on in?  Including permanent display area, too.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

I'm half tempted to at the moment!  But, I wouldn't want to impose.

sotoolslinger

Oh you would not be imposing on JHM. The problem would be for him to find it in his stash ;D
I amuse me.

BlackOps

Greg, stick with it! I know it will be worth it when you are done....don't you dare give this one the Starfury treatment!  :dalek:

Looks like you've got quite a few nifty projects going on. I've got more in-progress stuff than i care to think about...need to get off my butt and get busy but it's so much easier to watch yours progress  ;D
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.