Hasegawa Jaguar, whats it like?

Started by Aircav, May 27, 2008, 10:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

Hi All
just wondered what the Hasegawa Jaguar was like compared to the Italeri or Airfix kit.
Thanks
Steve
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

kitbasher

IMHO the best of the bunch.  Italeri version a good compromise between cost and detail.  Buy an Airfix GR3 for the weapons.   ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

AeroplaneDriver

Personally I prefer the ItaleriRevell version.  I've never built the Hase one, but when I did my Sea Jag I looked at the Italeri and Hase sprues side by side and decided to go with Italeri.  Both seem to go together pretty well, and both have nice detail and virtually identical breakdown.  The Italeri kits I have include better stores options (ECM, Phimat, etc) but the US CBUs need a bit of work on the fins to look accurate.  The Hase kit I have has pretty crude BL755s.  The airbrakes on the Italeri kit look much better than the Hase one.  On the Italeri kit they have the vents, but on the Hase ones the vents are represented as little lumps molded into the door.

I havent built an Airfix one since I was a kid, so I cant really remeber that one, but if I had to pick one I'd go Revell/Italeri.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

B777LR

<------Few weapons------><------Medium weapons-------><-------many weapons-------->
<------High cost----------><-------Medium cost----------><---------Low cost------------>
<----Low interior detail----><------Medium interior detail----><------low interior detail------>
<--------few decals-------><----------good decals---------><------Useless decals-------->
<--------Hasegawa-------><---------Italeri/Revell---------><--------Airfix---------------->

:tornado:

Aircav

Hi Chaps
Thanks for all the info I picked up the Revell boxed version of the Italeri kit today from the LMS, some nice transfers and Phimat pod, cockpits not bad either and as AD says cluster bombs look a bit iffy but hey, I won't be using them anyway but the main thing is is that the wing fences are seperate which saves a bit of work.
Many thanks and all the best
Steve

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Aircav

If its going spare I'll have it  ;D

Sir Sydney Camm