Potential projects

Started by Weaver, May 28, 2008, 02:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: The Rat on May 29, 2008, 07:06:55 PM
If you need a Sea Hawk I've got one, picked it up for the decals so they will be missing.

I now have one on the way from ebay, so assuming it arrives (there's a Boomerang in the same package, so you never know if it'll get returned to sender.... ;D) I won't need to take you up on that.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Glenn Gilbertson

The May 2008 issue of "Fly Past" magazine had drawings of two Westland proposals for Lysanders with retractable undercarriages. The first was a sesquiplane with u/c retracting inwards into the new lower wing (which would span just short off the leading edge slats).In the second the undercarriage would retract backwards into bulges on the side of the fuselage.

Weaver

Quote from: Glenn Gilbertson on June 03, 2008, 03:40:41 PM
The May 2008 issue of "Fly Past" magazine had drawings of two Westland proposals for Lysanders with retractable undercarriages. The first was a sesquiplane with u/c retracting inwards into the new lower wing (which would span just short off the leading edge slats).In the second the undercarriage would retract backwards into bulges on the side of the fuselage.

Yeah, seen it. I'm tending towards using P-40 bits at the moment, because the way the Matchbox P-40 is split up, the upper wings end where the inner gear doors do, so there's no need to graft the lower centre-section onto the Lysander to get the wheel wells. Also, I just like the idea of the P-40's engine on the Lizzie..... ;D However, there's a Boomerang on it's way to me now, so I want to have a look at that too before starting anything.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: Weaver on June 03, 2008, 04:58:27 PM

Yeah, seen it. I'm tending towards using P-40 bits at the moment, because the way the Matchbox P-40 is split up, the upper wings end where the inner gear doors do, so there's no need to graft the lower centre-section onto the Lysander to get the wheel wells. Also, I just like the idea of the P-40's engine on the Lizzie..... ;D However, there's a Boomerang on it's way to me now, so I want to have a look at that too before starting anything.

Boomerang is out: the lower centre-section is too intergrated with the engine to separate it, but the upper cowling flaps are moulded as part of the fuselage, not the cowling...... :banghead: Never mind: I'm liking the P40 more and more for this anyway..... :wacko:

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Avro Atom:

I've got a MiG-21 now, and I'm going with it's wing and canopy. The front half of the MiG's canopy goes straight onto the Gnat T.1 like it was made to fit  :thumbsup: - just have to fair over about half the rear seat to match it up with the tail hump. That makes it even more of a pity that the actual quality of the canopy is so poor: there's NO frame line moulded into it for the armoured windscreen (it doesn't have quaterlights) and I've seen less marbles that distort less......  :banghead:  This might lead me to seek out an alternative canopy, or even another kit, although early MiG-21s are far thinner on the ground than late ones.

The MiG's wings are allegedly undersize for a 727 derivative, but fall just short of the jet nozzle whilst the Mirage's are just behind it, and the former looks more natural. I'm getting suspicious about reference book dimensions and/or kit scales here, because the Mirage's wing allegedly has 30-odd% more area than the MiG's, but putting the kit parts together, they look far closer...... :unsure:

Juat for a giggle, I put a Draken's outer wing panels on the Gnat, and they look okay because they're STILL bigger than the original ones. I don't want to go with this, but it's worth bearing in mind for anyone contemplating an HA-300......

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

1. Lightning F.12/F.13 (as per my first profile). Three-engined, delta-winged, tandem-seated EE Lightning as per http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,19812.0.html . Two, possibly three  :rolleyes:, Airfix F.3s and a Heller Starfighter (potential cockpit donor) on the way.

2. Super Lysander (inspired by the Unspat my Ride GB proposal). Got both Lysander and P-40.

3. Defiant-Wind/Bittern II. Defiant fuselage with Whirlwind wings and engines and a nose gun installation. Got the Defiant, probably going to buy a Bielik Whirlwind rather than keep messing about on ebay.

4. Avro Avenger/Vindex (EOCM) (Can't decide on the name). Two-seat strike aircraft based loosely on the real-but-never-built Avro 710 (half-scale Vulcan) research aircraft. Got an Airfix Javelin, still considering cockpits, but Hunter T.7 looking favorite.

5. Avro Atom (EOCM). A light fighter/strike type based loosely on the real Avro 727 submitted to NBMR.1 (won by the G.91). Got Airfix Gnat T.1 and MiG-21F (for wings and canopy). Would ideally like a better canopy than the Airfix's though.....

6. Avro Archer (EOCM). As per my profile here: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,20031.0.html . Interceptor fighter which is essentially an all-jet version of the late Avro 720 proposals. Still Dunno - trying to get a cheap F86-D for a look-see. Got a Mirage III for wings....

7. BombHawk. A Hawker Sea Hawk with the Nene replaced by two Metrovick Beryls in the wing roots (Banshee-style) and a "mini-Canberra" centre-section with a fuel tank above a cranked spar and a bomb-bay below it.
Got an Airfix Seahawk. Need to do a mock-up to see how/if the Beryls would fit. Options are:

a. If they fit, then all well and good,
b. Adopt an alternative (real or mythical) smaller engine that does fit,
c. Stretch the fuselage to accept the Beryls and Skyhawk outer wings  - I like this...

8. Westforland "Whirlignat". A Junkyard Special based on the leftovers from 3. and 5. Waiting for a Whirlwind....

9. TurboSpit (EOCM). A Spitfire based equivalent of the Cavalier Turbo-Mustang/Piper Enforcer for COIN work.
Still shopping for a late-model, bubble-hood (and preferably clipped-wing) Spitfire.

10. Hueyacobra.   Airacobra autogyro with Huey rotor system. Got the rotors, still shopping for an Airacobra...

11. Gloster Ripper/Reaper/Raptor. Done nothing about this.

12. F-5x4. An F-5 with another F-5, minus cockpit hump, grafted onto it upside down, and both sets of wings fitted in Delanne biplane style, to give a 4-engined F-5. Still looking for cheap F-5Es, got two F-5Bs....

13. Northrop N300 A-5. Basically, it's an F-5E with th wing moved to the shoulder position and Jaguar-style u/c in the fuselage. Still looking for cheap F-5Es, got two F-5Bs....

14. Bubblehood Me-109. Airfix Me-109 (got) with Me-262 canopy (on way). Wondering what other mods to make to it....

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

1. Lightning F.12/F.13 (as per my first profile). Three-engined, delta-winged, tandem-seated EE Lightning as per http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,19812.0.html . Plan: two Lightning kits with the fuselage halves aft of the cockpit plated apart at the top to give the three engine bays and the half-cone intakes for the to two. Mirage wings, Lightning fins. Forward fuselage either: a) cut 'n' shut two Lightning cockpits together (awkward canopy), or b) graft the bottom half of a) onto the upper half of a Mirage/Starfighter two-seater (easier cockpit, but might lose "Lightningish" character). Fuselage-mounted gear from either Jaguar or 1/144th Avro RJ (BAe-146).

Got an Airfix F.3 and a Heller Starfighter today.

Good news: Starfighter canopy is definately a goer, as are it's air intakes for the upper engines. Might also use it's undercarriage.

Bad news: Mirage III wings look way to small on Lightning (and would be in real life: they've about 25% less area than the Lightning's swept wings, never mind "deltaized" ones...). Nearest fit, area-wise, looks to be a Mirage 2000. F-102/106 wings are too large.

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 12, 2008, 12:20:30 AM
A TSR2 wing is ideal for a delta Lightning, the sweep angle is correct (60 degree) and it has some camber.  ANd if you use an F14 for the wings, you can do a VG TSR2 with what's left.

One to think about?

Thinking about it........

My snap reaction was that it'd be too big, but doing some research (all round numbers, quickly grabbed off the web):

Lightning F.6: Wing Area: 475 sq.ft., MTO: 41,700 lbs, Wing Loading: 88 lb/sq.ft

TSR.2: Wing Area: 702 sq.ft., MTO: 102,200 lbs, Wing Loading: 145 lb/sq.ft

Lightning F.13 with TSR.2 wing: Wing Area: 702 sq.ft, MTO: 50,000 lbs? (seems reasonable*), Wing Loading: 71 lb/sq.ft  - lower than original, but not unreasonable, particularly with 50% more power to fight the drag...

*With a TSR.2 wing, the F.13's MTO could go up to 61,700 lb and still keep the wing loading at 88lb/sq.ft.

Now then, what's the trade-off between the price of a 1/72nd TSR.2 and the look on the face of a JMN realising that you've chopped one up........ :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 12, 2008, 08:04:02 AM
Might be able to find a spare resin one for you to play with.   :mellow:

Thanks for the offer, but there's no need:

You just made me realise that a 700 sq.ft. wing is not too big after all: that means that a 695 sq.ft. F-102/F-106 wing would work after all, which is a better option than chopping up a TSR.2 kit. However, this all implies something else: if 88 lb/sq.ft. is an acceptable wing loading, then the wing area can go down to the 500-600 sq.ft. level; that's a Eurofighter Typhoon (540 sq.ft.), and there's plenty of those kits about. The Typhoon's cropped tips also allow a wingtip missile station. In fact, the analogy holds with the power plant too:

Lightning F.13
Normal Loaded Weight: approx 45,000 lb (F.6 was 40,000 and an extra Avon 301 weights 2,900 lb)
Max TO weight: approx 55,000 lb (obviously, you can pluck this out of thin air, but a 10,000 lb difference is practical)
Wing Area: 540 sq.ft. (Typhoon wing)
Thrust: 38,000 lb dry, 49,000 lb with reheat (3 x Avon 301R)
Wing Loading (Normal): 84 lb/sq.ft.
Wing Loading (MTO): 102 lb/sq.ft.
Thrust Loading (MTO, dry): 0.69
Thrust Loading (Normal, reheat): 1.08

Typhoon
Normal Loaded Weight: 34,300 lb
Max TO weight: approx 51,800 lb
Wing Area: 540 sq.ft.
Thrust: 27,000 lb dry, 40,500 lb with reheat
Wing Loading (Normal): 64 lb/sq.ft.
Wing Loading (MTO): 96 lb/sq.ft.
Thrust Loading (MTO, dry): 0.52
Thrust Loading (Normal, reheat): 1.18

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

14. Bubblehood Me-109. Airfix Me-109 (got) with Me-262 canopy (on way). Wondering what other mods to make to it....

Upside: now going to get a neat turbo-prop (ducted spinner intake and side exhaust) and swept wings made from four Airfix Me-262 upper outer wing panels, the engine fairings forming gun pods. Possibly cut-down Me-262 fin and tailplanes too.

Downside: the Airfix -262 canopy does not fit the -109  :banghead: Apparently, it only worked the first time because I was using a SMER canopy and the SMER -262 is slightly underscale. So now I need ANOTHER SMER Me-262, just for the canopy.... :banghead: :banghead:

Undecided: u/c arrangement: inwards, backwards or forwards retracting mainwheels, nose or tail wheel?

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote7. BombHawk. A Hawker Sea Hawk with the Nene replaced by two Metrovick Beryls in the wing roots (Banshee-style) and a "mini-Canberra" centre-section with a fuel tank above a cranked spar and a bomb-bay below it.
Got an Airfix Seahawk. Need to do a mock-up to see how/if the Beryls would fit. Options are:

c. Stretch the fuselage to accept the Beryls and Skyhawk outer wings  - I like this...

I've just realised a problem with this. The standard Seahawk landing gear is very short, to the point where getting a 1000lb bomb under one and into a bomb bay would be about as much fun as getting a Blue Steel into a Victor... :banghead:

This means that the only realistic option is the stretched SeaSkyHawk option, which on the plus side, gets the Beryls back into the picture. One fly in the ointment is that the sweep of the Seahawk's intakes straightens out to the wing leading-edge angle just inside the fold line (not at it, as you'd reasonably expect), which would leave an ugly kink if I just grafted the Skyhawk wings on. Should be fixable though....

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

The Airfix Skyhawk arrived today.

Upside: it doesn't reproduce the Skyhawk's single-skinned fin, which means I can nick it's tail for the Bombhawk without it screaming "Skyhawk".

Downside: the u/c isn't any longer than the Seahawk's: it must be an optical illusion that it sits higher, probably caused by it being a low-wing design.

Solution: the Skyhawk doesn't use the rear third of it's u/c fairings, so it should be possible  to fit longer legs further back and thereby solve the problem.

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: Weaver on June 12, 2008, 02:48:54 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 12, 2008, 08:04:02 AM
Might be able to find a spare resin one for you to play with.   :mellow:

Thanks for the offer, but there's no need:

You just made me realise that a 700 sq.ft. wing is not too big after all: that means that a 695 sq.ft. F-102/F-106 wing would work after all, which is a better option than chopping up a TSR.2 kit. However, this all implies something else: if 88 lb/sq.ft. is an acceptable wing loading, then the wing area can go down to the 500-600 sq.ft. level; that's a Eurofighter Typhoon (540 sq.ft.), and there's plenty of those kits about. The Typhoon's cropped tips also allow a wingtip missile station. In fact, the analogy holds with the power plant too:

Lightning F.13
Normal Loaded Weight: approx 45,000 lb (F.6 was 40,000 and an extra Avon 301 weights 2,900 lb)
Max TO weight: approx 55,000 lb (obviously, you can pluck this out of thin air, but a 10,000 lb difference is practical)
Wing Area: 540 sq.ft. (Typhoon wing)
Thrust: 38,000 lb dry, 49,000 lb with reheat (3 x Avon 301R)
Wing Loading (Normal): 84 lb/sq.ft.
Wing Loading (MTO): 102 lb/sq.ft.
Thrust Loading (MTO, dry): 0.69
Thrust Loading (Normal, reheat): 1.08

Typhoon
Normal Loaded Weight: 34,300 lb
Max TO weight: approx 51,800 lb
Wing Area: 540 sq.ft.
Thrust: 27,000 lb dry, 40,500 lb with reheat
Wing Loading (Normal): 64 lb/sq.ft.
Wing Loading (MTO): 96 lb/sq.ft.
Thrust Loading (MTO, dry): 0.52
Thrust Loading (Normal, reheat): 1.18

Found the perfect solution for this.

F-4 Phantom wing at 530 sq.ft. gives the F.13 a normal wing loading of 85 lb/sq.ft., and I've already got one.... :mellow:

One of the problems mating any wing to the three-engined F.13 fuselage would be the fact that the latter slopes outwards from bottom to top, leaving a big gap to PSR under the root. Using the Phantom wing gets around this because the root can be normal to the side of the fuselage and the kinked outer panel then ends up horizontal.

Oh yeah, and it looks mean too....... :thumbsup:

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Hmm - 'bout time I updated the list....

"EOCM" has been changed to PW (Patchwork World), since there are now some non-Cheshire types on the cards.

1. Lightning F.12/F.13 (as per my first profile). Three-engined, delta-winged (Phantom), tandem-seated EE Lightning as per http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,19781.30.html. Got everything I need except the nerve......

2. Super Lysander (inspired by the Unspat my Ride GB proposal) Lizzie with P-40 engine and centre wing with u/c. Got everything except the GB....

3. Defiant-Wind/Bittern II. Defiant fuselage with Whirlwind wings and engines and a nose gun installation. Got Airfix Defiant. Ordered the last two Bilek Whirlwinds in stock from Model Hobbies who lost them and are still buggering me about.... No luck on ebay so far.

4. Avro Avenger (PW). Two-seat strike aircraft based loosely on the real-but-never-built Avro 710 (half-scale Vulcan) research aircraft. Got an Airfix Javelin, still considering cockpits, but Hunter T.7 looking favorite.

5. Avro Atom (PW). A light fighter/strike type based loosely on the real Avro 727 submitted to NBMR.1 (won by the G.91). Got Airfix Gnat T.1 and MiG-21F (for wings and canopy). Academy MiG-23 for gunpod......

6. Avro Archer (PW). As per my profile here: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,20031.0.html . Interceptor fighter which is essentially an all-jet version of the late Avro 720 proposals. Got F86-D for fuselage, Mirage III for wings and a Starfighter canopy....

7. BombHawk (possibly PW). A Hawker Sea Hawk with the Nene replaced by two Metrovick Beryls in the wing roots (Banshee-style) and a "mini-Canberra" centre-section with a fuel tank above a cranked spar and a bomb-bay below it. Need to do a mock-up to see how/if the Beryls would fit. Options are:

Got 2 x Seahawks and a Skyhawk. Not done the mock-up yet. Might need longer gear (Lightning?) for bomb-bay access

8. Westforland "Whirlignat". A Junkyard Special based on the leftovers from 3. and 5. Probably never going to happen. Will drop at next update.

9. TurboSpit (PW). A Spitfire based equivalent of the Cavalier Turbo-Mustang/Piper Enforcer for COIN work. Got a Heller Mk.XVI. Might do this for Spitfire GB.

10. Hueyacobra.  Airacobra autogyro with Huey rotor system. Got the rotors, Got a Hobbyboss Airacobra.

11. Gloster Ripper/Reaper/Raptor. Got Matchbox NF.11/12/14.

12. F-5x4 (PW). An F-5 with another F-5, minus cockpit hump, grafted onto it upside down, and both sets of wings fitted in Delanne biplane style, to give a 4-engined F-5. Got 2 x Airfix F-5Es.

13. Northrop N300 A-5. Basically, it's an F-5E with th wing moved to the shoulder position and Jaguar-style u/c in the fuselage. DONE IT!  ;D (FA-5K for the 1 Week GB)

14. Bubblehood, turboprop Me-109 (PW) with Me-262 canopy and outer wings. Got Airfix 109, and THREE Airfix 262s for their outer wing panels. Still waiting for a basic Smer 262 from Model Hobbies for it's canopy (only the Smer one fits because the kit is underscale, but I don't want to spoil the "high-tech" kit I've got).

15. Migina 1 (MiC-91 in PW terms) (PW): MiG-9 with G-91 nose as per Arc3371's excellent profile here: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,17429.0.html . Probably in "Squirrel" cammo (from a Migina 2 profile)  with PRGM markings (J-29 profile). Got an A-model MiG-9 and a G.91. Would like to do it in time for the Profiles GB, but might not make it.

16. MiC-20 (PW): MiG-19 with early MiG-21 nose, based on real SM-12 prototype. Got KM MiG-19 and Airfix & Academy MiG-21Fs.

17. Twin-turboprop Airacobra (possibly PW). Got another Hobbyboss Airacobra.... ;D

18. Grumman Jaguar II (PW): Tiger airframe with swing wings. Got Hasegawa Tiger and Academy MiG-23, but I'm also considering using Su-17 wings instead: one on it's way from ebay.

19. An-72 Gunship. Got various 1/72nd Russian guns, thought I'd got a 1/72nd An-72 but it turned out to be 1/200th (my fault)  :rolleyes: Still looking for the 1/72nd An-72 (preferably the An-72P), but they're not common so don't hold your breath.....

20. SEPECAT Jaguar FG.5: fighter Jaguar with radar nose and Mirage F.1 wing, based on discussions on here. Got a Matchbox GR.3, looking for an F.1.

21. Fouga Magister single-seater, converted by IAI and sold to Honduras. Profile here: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,19781.30.html . For Trainers-With-Teeth GB. Got an Airfix Magister, need the GB.....

22. PZL-Iskra single-seater. For Trainers-With-Teeth GB, possibly as "dogfight double" with 21. Got an Iskra: OOB build with Whif colour-scheme. Need the GB.........

23. RAF-in-Vietnam CSAR pair: attack-converted Gannet plus updated Belvedere helo. Colour schemes as per the Vietnam Super-Canberras here: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,19781.30.html . Got a Frog Gannet, got lots of weapons, looking for an Airfix Belvedere. Not sure about upgrades to latter; possibly spare Seahawk wings for extra fuel & rotor unload and retractable gear.

24. Yak-30-odd: Mystere IVA re-dressed and presented as a "lost" Yak project for the Sovietize-it GB. Got two Matchbox Mystere IVAs plus various Russians to plunder. A cheap MiG-15 for it's guns wouldn't go amiss. Need the GB.....

So, one down, ten new ones added.......... :rolleyes:

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

1. Lightning F.12/F.13 (as per my first profile). Three-engined, delta-winged (Phantom), tandem-seated EE Lightning as per http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,19781.30.html. Got everything I need except the nerve......

2. Super Lysander (inspired by the Unspat my Ride GB proposal) Lizzie with P-40 engine and centre wing with u/c. Got everything except the GB....

3. Defiant-Wind/Bittern II. Defiant fuselage with Whirlwind wings and engines and a nose gun installation. Got Airfix Defiant. Ordered the last two Bilek Whirlwinds in stock from Model Hobbies who lost them and are still buggering me about.... Finally got 1.9 Airfix Whirlwinds off ebay.

4. Avro Avenger (PW). Two-seat strike aircraft based loosely on the real-but-never-built Avro 710 (half-scale Vulcan) research aircraft. Got an Airfix Javelin, still considering cockpits, but Hunter T.7 looking favorite.

5. Avro Atom (PW). A light fighter/strike type based loosely on the real Avro 727 submitted to NBMR.1 (won by the G.91). Got Airfix Gnat T.1 and MiG-21F (for wings and canopy). Academy MiG-23 for gunpod......

6. Avro Archer (PW). As per my profile here: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,20031.0.html . Interceptor fighter which is essentially an all-jet version of the late Avro 720 proposals. Got F86-D for fuselage, Mirage III for wings and a Starfighter canopy....

7. BombHawk (possibly PW). A Hawker Sea Hawk with the Nene replaced by two Metrovick Beryls in the wing roots (Banshee-style) and a "mini-Canberra" centre-section with a fuel tank above a cranked spar and a bomb-bay below it. Need to do a mock-up to see how/if the Beryls would fit. Options are: a. if they fit, then all well and good, b. adopt an alternative (real or mythical) smaller engine that does fit, or c. stretch the fuselage to accept the Beryls and Skyhawk outer wings  - I like this...
Got 2 x Seahawks and a Skyhawk. Not done the mock-up yet. Might need longer gear (Lightning?) for bomb-bay access.

8. TurboSpit (PW). A Spitfire based equivalent of the Cavalier Turbo-Mustang/Piper Enforcer for COIN work. Got a Heller Mk.XVI. Might do this for Spitfire GB.

9. Hueyacobra.  Airacobra autogyro with Huey rotor system. Got the rotors, Got a Hobbyboss Airacobra.

10. Gloster Ripper/Reaper/Raptor. Got Matchbox NF.11/12/14.

11. F-5x4 (PW). An F-5 with another F-5, minus cockpit hump, grafted onto it upside down, and both sets of wings fitted in Delanne biplane style, to give a 4-engined F-5. Got 2 x Airfix F-5Es.

12. Bubblehood, turboprop Me-109 (PW) with Me-262 canopy and outer wings. Got Airfix 109, and THREE Airfix 262s for their outer wing panels. Still waiting for a basic Smer 262 from Model Hobbies for it's canopy (only the Smer one fits because the kit is underscale, but I don't want to spoil the "high-tech" kit I've got).

13. Migina 1 (MiC-91 in PW terms) (PW): MiG-9 with G-91 nose as per Arc3371's excellent profile here: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,17429.0.html . Probably in "Squirrel" cammo (from a Migina 2 profile)  with PRGM markings (J-29 profile). Got an A-model MiG-9 and an Airfix G.91. Started for the Profiles GB, but still might not make it.

14. MiC-20 (PW): MiG-19 with early MiG-21 nose, based on real SM-12 prototype. Got KM MiG-19 and Airfix & Academy MiG-21Fs.

15. Twin-turboprop Airacobra (possibly PW). Got another Hobbyboss Airacobra....

16.. Grumman Jaguar II (PW): Tiger airframe with swing wings. Got Hasegawa Tiger, Academy MiG-23 and Hobby Craft Su-17, but neither of the Russians is really suiltable. Now considering 1/144th tomcat or F-111....

17. An-72 Gunship. Got various 1/72nd Russian guns, thought I'd got a 1/72nd An-72 but it turned out to be 1/200th (my fault)   Still looking for the 1/72nd An-72 (preferably the An-72P), but they're not common so don't hold your breath. Hannants have got some new ones still in stock, but I'd prefer to avoid paying £17.50 if I can....

18. SEPECAT Jaguar FG.5: fighter Jaguar with radar nose and Mirage F.1 wing, based on discussions on here. Got a Matchbox GR.3, looking for an F.1.

19. Fouga Magister single-seater, converted by IAI and sold to Honduras. Profile here: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,19781.30.html . For Trainers-With-Teeth GB. Got an Airfix Magister, need the GB.....

20. PZL-Iskra single-seater. For Trainers-With-Teeth GB, possibly as "dogfight double" with 21. Got an Iskra: OOB build with Whif colour-scheme. Need the GB.........

21. RAF-in-Vietnam CSAR pair: attack-converted Gannet plus updated Belvedere helo. Colour schemes as per the Vietnam Super-Canberras here: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,19781.30.html . Got a Frog Gannet, got lots of weapons, Airfix Belvedere on way from ebay. Not sure about upgrades to latter; possibly spare Seahawk wings for extra fuel & rotor unload and retractable gear?

22. Yak-30-odd: Mystere IVA re-dressed and presented as a "lost" Yak project for the Sovietize-it GB. Got two Matchbox Mystere IVAs plus various Russians to plunder. A cheap MiG-15 for it's guns wouldn't go amiss. Need the GB.....

23. McDonnell OV-3B: Glencoe 1/32 XV-1 Vertiplane done as an O-2 style Vietnam FAC with turboshaft engines, wheeled u/c, revised interior and smoke rockets. Got the kit, need the conversion bits and some research.

- Indiana Jones