AT-3 Tzu-Chiang in ''Fontaine'' Camouflage

Started by John Howling Mouse, May 28, 2008, 07:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

I can't find word one re: a build on this thing.  I think the 'pit is the best feature and will help to legitimize the Fontaine Camo.  But I don't know how I can get it in place.  I'm trying to figure out how to partially assemble the fuselage around it but still have the cockpit aperture accessible so I can manhandle it into position then hit it with CA glue and accellerant.

:banghead:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

John Howling Mouse

Forced everything together (I think).
Beyond the warpage of the fuselage halves, part of the problem was because I "corrected" the bent floor of the cockpit to be straight the way they show it in the instructions.  This apparently should have been left curved as it came out of the box.   :banghead:

Patrick H

Looking great JHM Absolutely fabulous cockpit. Are you sure it isn't in 1/12  :wacko:

seriously, glad you could fit the cockpit inthere. Another reason not to follow the instructions like a real modeller should :rolleyes:

:cheers:
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

sotoolslinger

Instructions, that's that sheet that comes wrapped around the decals  :huh: Oh maybe it's that sheet  that I consult sometimes to see how to modify the pitot tube :blink:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

BlackOps

Whew! Glad you got it to fit, looking forward to seeing this one reach the paint stage :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Rafael

As always, Master Obi-baz, you come up with an intriguing piece of whiffery.

Great start. Glad the things fit like they should.

Your Padawan,

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I thought that Greg was our resident camo-masochist..... Gonna be watching this one very closely !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Jeffry Fontaine

Hi Barry,

I found something over on ARC that is close to what I was describing.  It was part of a page sent in by Ian Buick from the Scottish Nationals, Perth 08.

In this case the CF-18 is done up with grey on grey checkerboard pattern.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

John Howling Mouse

That's a cool Hornet, for sure.  My "Fontaine Camo" will be much closer to the example you first posted with the various forms of cross-hatching, etc. to represent the patterns.

Fuselage glued up and held together with 4.3 KG of masking tape:

Check out the GAPS!  And the sink-holes....I will have my work cut out for me.

John Howling Mouse

PSR ad nauseum

All I wanna do is get to the painting stage already!

Jeffry Fontaine

Barry,

Have you compared that aircraft with the CF-100 Canuck?  The undercarriage and speed brakes are very similar as is the engine arrangement with the fuselage.  Perhaps Taiwan looked to the venerable CF-100 for inspriation when it came time to design that aircraft.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Weaver

Quote from: sotoolslinger on May 31, 2008, 09:04:14 PM
Instructions, that's that sheet that comes wrapped around the decals  :huh: Oh maybe it's that sheet  that I consult sometimes to see how to modify the pitot tube :blink:

Hey, instructions are great! How else do you tell if the bits you think are missing from a 2nd hand kit off ebay really are missing?

Weaver
Just got a MiG-21 with no main u/c struts (though it did have half a WWII tip-float in compensation..... :rolleyes:)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

B777LR

Thats a nice Tamigawa kit youve got there :wacko:

puddingwrestler

It looks like it's bleeding...

maybe you could just varnish this look, and do the fontain camo on something else?
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Ohhh man, that fit is right up there with the Starfix Bf109  :blink: - If you want to join me on the edge of the "Cliffs of Insanity", that's no problem.... there's plenty of room up here  :blink: :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)