RAF Puma HAR.2

Started by Mossie, May 29, 2008, 05:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

hmm, don't forget a/the winch control box mossie in the cabin.

:thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:
Keeper of George the Cat.

Mike Wren

nice work Mossie, I've been meaning to start my HC.2 for a while now, mine will be in the standard Puma 2 greens

Mossie

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on May 31, 2008, 01:48:34 AM
hmm, don't forget a/the winch control box mossie in the cabin.

:thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

Too late Trev!  I've closed her up, which has taken more effort than I thought it would, more later.

Mike, I've always liked the two tone green scheme on Puma's.  I'll probably go down the yellow route, although I have been thinking about a CSAR machine.  Which leads me to ask you all about colour schemes.

RAF SAR helicopters have been for the large part overall yellow, although, Falklands based Sea Kings have been in overall DSG, Cyprus based Griffin HAR.2's overall MSG, with dayglo orange chevrons on the underside.  So do I go with something different to yella?  Puma's have equally never been seen in overall grey so it still would make for something different, especially for a CSAR role.  Or maybe add a second colour to the yellow, I've always thought light/dark contrasting schemes make for the greatest visibility, a dark blue would contrast well.  Another idea is an interim scheme, camouflage painted over the yellow, for a 'hearts & minds' peacekeeping role in a potential flash point, Hong Kong or Belize are in mind there.

Your thoughts please! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

Geez....that's a tough call ! Yellow would look spectacular, as I can't ever recall seeing a yellow Puma. But CSAR is always a cool route to go. But then again, the frenchies have grey CSAR birds, so it might not look all that unique. Grey with day-glo might look good as well, but then you'd look like a RN machine. Also, do you have all the bits to add door guns and flares and warning recievers ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Shasper

Is the Italeri kit represent the 4 or 5 bladed Cougar version?

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Mike Wren

I'd go for standard Sea King style yellow

Mossie

Shas, four blade rotors.  There's a number of options in the kit for mods specific to the users kitted (French, Dutch, Swiss & German Border Guard), two different types of sponson, with or without intake filters, with or without flotation gear & many little greeblies.  There's kind of an option for the car door (rather than the sliding door) version used by the Bundesgrenschutz (German Federal Border Guard), but it's simply a decal placed over the existing sliding door, you'd need to mod it some for it to be correct.  So plenty of plastic for the spares box!

Cap, it doesn't come with door guns, but you can get both M60's & Gympies aftermarket, I might get some.  It does have flare pods, which I've already fitted as some RN SAR Sea Kings have them.  As well as yellow over grey, I was thinking yellow over the two tone or single green seen on recent Puma's to distinguish them from RN machines.  This might particularly suit if I go for the Hong Kong or Belize back stories I'm thinking up.

Mike, I still might do that, especially if I forego the door guns.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Howard of Effingham

Keeper of George the Cat.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Captain Canada

Hey buddy....if you'd quit running outside to watch them fly over, maybe you'd get a little work done on her ?

The people are getting restless......

;D
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

It's stalled a bit at the minute I'm afraid Todd.  When I started putting it together, I realised I had some serious fit problems.  I had to clamp the bugger to oblivion to make sure the clear part cab would fit.  Even then it's not going to be pretty.  There's a large step underneath to sand & fill too.  They're not unsurmountable problems, but I just needed to get away from it for little while.  Add to that long hours at work & no play at work with a cold on top (which combined made for a sense of humour bypass that poor old Mrs Mossie bore the brunt of) & I couldn't face looking at the damn thing! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I took a couple of days off work & picked up a two thirds finished project to distract me (having it's problems too! :banghead:), which should be finished in a few days, then I'll get right back on to the Puma.  I'll try & post some pictures of the assembled fuse later tonight.

Captain Canada

Ouch !

Best of luck with both projects !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?