EXCELLENT!

When I grow up I wanna paint like this
:wub: :wub: :wub:
:bow: :bow: :bow:

Cheers :drink:
G
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

matrixone

Thanks sotoolslinger and HOG!

Matrixone

Brian da Basher

Your work on those "period" black & white shots of your models is so convincing that when I saw the photo of the Arado scrapyard, I first thought it was one of your dioramas.

It's always a great treat for me to see your outstanding painting skill, Matrixone!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

matrixone

Thanks Brian!

I like those post war photographs of aircraft scrapyards, the photo of the Fw 190Fs shows very well how the Germans had shortages of paint in some of their shadow factories and some aircraft parts were finished without any paint put on them at all and this gives me some ideas for painting some of my Luft'46 models. ;D

Matrixone

matrixone

A few more in progress pics...

The finished prop and armored headrest....

Another shot....

And here is a group shot of my ''flock of Wulfs'' waiting to be painted....while I am waiting for volume 2 of Jerry Crandall's Dora book so I can have the correct information I need to paint these models. :banghead:
I expected to have the book released by now but I have heard nothing about its release lately.

Matrixone

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

matrixone

sotoolslinger,

As you can see I am getting behind in my work! :blink:

Matrixone

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Taiidantomcat

We need to name your work bench "Bremen" Im the same way with Tomcats, you would think Grumman exploded on my workbench. Love the FWs though in all forms.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

matrixone

Thanks Taiidantomcat!

By the time I get these models finished I will be quite tired of Fw 190s (for a little while at least), I might finish up my 21st Century Toys Macchi C 202 next and my 'secret bomber' after that.

But there is no telling what goodies the second volume of Jerry Crandall's Dora book might contain and I might be inspired enough to build even more Focke-Wulfs after getting my copy of that book!

Matrixone

Sauragnmon

Holy hell, that's a lotta Focke-wulfes.  I can't complain though, my shipyard dwarfs that with all the underway builds.  It'd cover the work side of my desk for certain.  Still, looks promising.  Great detail on the armored headrest though!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

matrixone

Thanks Sauragnmon!

The worst thing about building so many of the same type of airplane is getting some of the smaller parts mixed up during construction.

I do have two other Fw 190 D-12s that I have started earlier this year but I have wisely put them away until I get these other Focke-Wulfs finished.

Matrixone

Sauragnmon

Yeah, I can empathize, my DKM builds, there's so many common parts, I had to come up with some kind of organizing for it... so I started putting all my sprues in the box for that ship project.  Kept things organized.  That, and until it's ready to be painted and mounted, I didn't dare pull it off the sprue.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: matrixone on September 12, 2008, 03:50:16 PM
A few more W.I.P. pics of my A-10 project.

Matrixone

B*gg*r, can't see the pics, at work...... Ahhh well, will get to see them when I get home

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

matrixone

Hello to all:

My What-if Fw 190A-10 and all the other Fw 190 projects have been postponed until next year.

The past six weeks I have been very sick and have been forced to give up the hobby for a while so I can recover.

I am feeling much better now and have returned to my workbench even though I am not 100% healthy yet, I have cleaned off the workbench and started on a 1/72 scale Opel Blitz fuel truck....to be painted in what-if camouflage colors of course!
After the truck is finished I will build a 1/48 scale Kettenkraftrad and a 1/48 scale Luftwaffe start cart, all of these models are subjects I have been wanting to include in some of my photobase pictures, I think they will help the pics look a little more realistic.

Matrixone