Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-10 build thread

Started by matrixone, May 29, 2008, 03:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

More in-progress pics.

Most of the undersurfaces of the A-10 are now painted. Notice how the uppersurface color wraps around the leading edge.
The landing gear door covers are painted and have been given some light weathering with the airbrush, they have been clear coated so I can add the decals...then I can go ahead with more weathering on them.

And a close-up of the wheels...

And here are two pics of my RW Fw 190D-9.

Matrixone

Brian da Basher

I'm always amazed by your work, Matrixone, but I think those tires are beyond impressive! I don't think I've ever seen tires more realistically rendered.
:bow: :bow:
Brian da Basher

matrixone

Thanks Brian!
I appreciate your comments.
The tires are not done yet, they will get further weathering later on. This model will be done as an aircraft that had seen action on the Eastern front and will be heavily weathered including mud splatters on the rear of the fuselage just like many of the JG 6 Focke-Wulfs had when they surrendered to the Americans in the last hours of the war.
My model will not be marked as a JG 6 machine...it will get 'special' markings. -_-

Matrixone

Allan

Yes, I agree with Brian, those wheels are just superb. I'm cheering from the sidelines as I observe with wonder your progress on this fine model, Matrixone.
Allan

matrixone

Thanks for looking Allan!
This model (Fw 190A-10) might take a little longer to finish than I had wanted...there are two other non-Focke-Wulf models that I am also working on at the same time. One of them is my secret bomber projekt, the other one will be seen in a few more weeks... :wacko:

Matrixone

NARSES2

Those tyres/wheels are a masterpiece - stunning work :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

matrixone

I did a little more work on weathering the landing gear doors but not much else lately because I am close to getting my Tamiya Fw 190D-9 ''black 2'' finished and out of the way.

Below is ''black 2'', I am in the process of weathering this model right now.

Matrixone

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thanks NARSES2!

I have held off doing very much on the A-10 mainly because I had to decide which markings I was going to put on it, I decided on marking it as a machine from KJ (J) 27 which will work perfect with this what-if. I don't have decals for the markings I want to do so I will have to try and airbrush some of them on the model.

Matrixone

Brian da Basher

Love the battle damage on the gear doors, M1! It's little touches like that which take your work to a whole new level of realism (right down to the red primer!)!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

matrixone

Just this morning I finished my Ju 500 bomber and now have some room to start work again on my Fw 190 A-10.

I did some weathering on the drop tank....

As you can tell I am going for the well used look on this model... ;D

Matrixone

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

matrixone

Thanks again!

Yes that tank is in pretty sad shape now but thats how some of them really looked, it will look better when its on the finished model.

Matrixone

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 02, 2010, 01:07:57 AM
Those tyres/wheels are a masterpiece - stunning work :bow:
Yup, so good in fact that if I were doing that build I'd have stopped at the tyres!  Fantastic (and I don't know how I've taken a look at this thread before.  Love the Doras - you seem to be a 190 'experten', so may I ask a question?  I think the 190D is a really handsome beast and I've a few 1/72 kits waiting to augment the D-9 that's already built.  The one that intrigues me the most is the D-15 - was it actually built or not?  I've read somewhere that 2 may have been built.  If so, do you know of any photos or camo references?
Keep up the excellent work.  ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter