Arado Ar-234 Blitz and Heinkel He-343

Started by GTX, May 30, 2008, 03:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Hi folks,

I couldn't find a thread dedicated to Arado Ar 234 Blitz whiffs, so here goes.

To start with, how about this '50s era Ar234F (with the real world Ar-234B-2 included for comparison):

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Quote from: dy031101 on May 30, 2008, 09:00:42 PM
Nice!  Although I haven't gotten used to the shorter engine pods yet......  ;D

The shorter pods are for Heinkel He S 011 engines - I figure this version would have improved developments of these.

Regards,

Greg

gunfighter

Why not a 011 development with afterburner? and air to air missiles?  :mellow:

GTX

Quote from: gunfighter on May 31, 2008, 02:03:44 PM
Why not a 011 development with afterburner? and air to air missiles?  :mellow:

Getting there - this version isn't actually meant to be a fighter though.  Rather, it's more of a intruder/interdiction aircraft much in the same line as the Intruder Canberras or B-57.  Maybe also anti-shipping.

Regards,

Greg

Weaver

Hey nice one!  As it happens, I've been wondering how German kit might have developed without an inconvenient loss-of-a-war to put a stop to things, since in my Balkanized World scenario, "WWII" (it wasn't called that) was just 10 years of inconclusive skirmishes..... :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Daryl J.

Having just taken a look at the Hasegawa's wing, it could be a naval variant with flip tips too.   How about French?  The ficticious Algerian Naval Air Arm?

Could a pair of J-57's hook up?   Or are they too big?

Daryl J.

GTX

Long rang, high altitude Ar-234R-2/U-2 recon with rocket motor for high altitude climb and boost:

Regards,

Greg

sequoiaranger

I had thought of (and will build some day) a Fuhrer-escape machine (thus "Mein Flucht") that would whisk Hitler, Goering, and Hanna Reich (pilot) out of Berlin as the Soviets closed in.

It would be a combination of the Do-335 trainer version and the Ar-234. The "profile" below is VERY rough--but you get the idea. Hitler would have the grand view in the front (Ar-234 nose turned upside-down for better downward viewing) in an easy chair looking down; Goering would have the main cockpit with "fake" controls so he could believe he was flying the plane; then Hanna would be in the upper cockpit actually flying the plane.

The jets (from an Ar-234) would be for a fast getaway and to elude pursuers, and the prop would be for economical cruising as the triumvirate sought refuge in Spain.  Probably for the model I would also have the RATO units.  My idea would also have the aircraft launched on upwardly-slanting rails, from below ground in THE BUNKER,  kind of like the above-ground V-1's. On each of the rungs of the boarding ladder for the Fuhrer would be the names of the countries he conquered. He could "step on them" one more time before fleeing! I have 1/72-scale figures for all three people, so they would be seen in their respective places!!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

dy031101

Here is my imagination of an Ar.234B equipped with FuG 240N4 radar, while the four-engined Ar.234C were busy getting to tactical bomber units.

To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

GTX

Just as with the Me-262s a while back, how about a piston engined version?

Regards,

Greg

Daryl J.

Y'know,   that aircraft would likely also look great with a pair of gas turbines driving contraprops. 

I like the DB-605's on it!

Daryl J.

Joeisamonkey

So a while ago I picked up a bunch of AR-234s from Uncle Jeff Fontaine, and since I'm deployed I have plenty of time to think about this.  I wanted to do a nightfighter, a bomber destroyer and an anti-ship bird.  Its the destroyer that I've been thinking about.  I was thinking about mounting a twin 37mm cannon pod under the fuse, and those niffty rocket pods under the wings.  I wanted to do a NMF with an overspray of green.  You guys got anymore ideas?

take care,

JoeW
Holy poo-poo I'm in the Army

Jeffry Fontaine

There are definitely plenty of WHIF ideas for the Ar-234 series. 

Another option in lieu of the rocket launcher devices could be to use the 50mm rockets and launcher from the Me-262 under the wings of the Ar-234 and double stack the rockets for an increased weapons load which would be ideal for attacking ground targets or intercepting bomber formations. 

How about a gun nose Ar-234?  Move the cockpit back and up so that you could fit a standard cockpit and wind screen/canopy from an Me-262 or similar aircraft and put a solid nose on the Arado and arm it with a battery of six - 30mm cannons in the nose. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

kitnut617

Although I don't have very many German aircraft in my stash I do have a few of these, I picked this one up not long ago as it is a bit unusual:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=DN5026

Might be a good base for some What-Ifs
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

ChernayaAkula

For anti-shipping - or precision strike in general - how about some Fritz X from the He 177?

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on October 26, 2008, 01:59:55 PM
<...> How about a gun nose Ar-234?  Move the cockpit back and up so that you could fit a standard cockpit and wind screen/canopy from an Me-262 or similar aircraft and put a solid nose on the Arado and fit a battery of six 30mm cannons in the nose.  <...>

That sound really cool!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?