Arado Ar-234 Blitz and Heinkel He-343

Started by GTX, May 30, 2008, 03:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

It is true (or at least from the references I have), that the swept back 262 wing was more to do with CofG issues than pure aerodynamics.  The earliest proposals were for straight winged options - see below:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

dumaniac

Greg - interesting facts - I must admit that the P65 is a conversion i want to do - with the nacelles mounted in the wing like a Meteor - I like it will like appealing.  In relation to the wing design, the straight wing was used by the He 280 so there must of been some merit in the design - Heinkel was no dummy - he just did not have support from above

Bernie

Howard of Effingham

would or was there a long wing span Ar-234 proposal dedicated to high altitude recon with either 2 or 4 engines?

i ask as the dragon kits for the type all seem to come with some cameras in the moulds and its a shame to waste them.

also i was wondering what might have been the precedent for our own PR19_kit's meteor PR19 model and figured the ar-234 was
good place to start.

trevor
Keeper of George the Cat.

GTX

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on September 20, 2011, 04:12:40 AM
would or was there a long wing span Ar-234 proposal dedicated to high altitude recon with either 2 or 4 engines?

i ask as the dragon kits for the type all seem to come with some cameras in the moulds and its a shame to waste them.

also i was wondering what might have been the precedent for our own PR19_kit's meteor PR19 model and figured the ar-234 was
good place to start.

trevor

Check page 1 of this thread, reply # 6.

Regards,

Greg

PR19_Kit

Trevor,

The cameras are there because the 'standard' Ar-234B could be fitted out as a PR version.

The A version, the one without an undercarriage, made a number of operational PR flights when fitted with those cameras, and one made the first ever jet PR flight over the D-Day beaches in June '44. Apparently it covered more ground in one mission than all the entire previous Luftwaffe PR efforts over some days!

As for the Ar-234 being the influence for the PR19, that would more likely have been the Martin Baker MB8 Marln.....  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sequoiaranger

This resurrected thread had me *HOPING* you have progressed on either your He-343 or "German B-52" whiff.

Any news??   :smiley: :smiley:
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Howard of Effingham

thank-you GTX and thank-you PR_19kit! ;D

i hadn't thought of extending the fuselage quite that much, if at all. was looking at
extending the wings really and how to keep it looking right.

trevor
Keeper of George the Cat.

GTX

RussC

Teutonic Stratofortress! Lot of weight for a bird that lands on a skid or a narrow track bicycle undercart'. Kudo's for resisting the temptation to put turrets on it.

Like it!
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Green Dragon

Was planning an extended wing and fuselage with the main landing gear built into the middle of widened engine nacelles. Thinking I may do Greg's Strato-Arado now, that's a cracker!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

GTX

tomo pauk

Quote from: GTX on June 14, 2008, 07:57:11 PM
Just as with the Me-262s a while back, how about a piston engined version?

Regards,

Greg

Cheers, GTX - would you be so kind to add the second cockpit to this concept, turning this into a night fighter? Something sorta Me 262 canopy just behind the 'normal' cockpit, and some aerials?

tahsin

He was among the people who went over to the Beyond the Sprues forum.

tomo pauk

Quote from: tahsin on December 11, 2021, 02:07:47 PM
He was among the people who went over to the Beyond the Sprues forum.

Okay, thank you.

ysi_maniac

Ar-234P with Ho-229 wings and engines.

... subtle differences... Not sure yet.
Will die without understanding this world.