A modern Patrol Gunboat Littoral

Started by frank2056, May 31, 2008, 05:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank2056

I haven't added to this build in a while - I started my new job in August and it's been pretty hectic. But I have made progress. I've done a first pass at painting the hull and superstructure, and I've added a few doodads.

Here's a top view without the 76mm and the RHIB:

The bitts are scratchbuilt and the ramp for the RHIB is made from PE railing and some styrene rod. I added two Mk-25 chain guns guns from Veteran Models as well.

Here's the side view:

Top view with the gun and RHIB dropped in place:

The "paneling" on the deck was an "operator error" - I didn't mask the deck well enough. I like the effect, though.

Side view:

I still have a long way to go - finish adding the various bits and pieces (including the decals for the bridge window and the boot line) and touching up the paint. plus adding all the PE railing.

Frank

Brian da Basher

Your detailing is really outstanding, Frank! I like the ramp, RHIB, and the guns. Looking forward to seeing this one take her maiden cruise.
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Jeffry Fontaine

Frank,

This is really beginning to look the part.  I am quite pleased that you went with my suggestion to incorporate the RHIB ramp into the stern.  This certainly gives the CIWS a better field of fire over the stern and to the port and starboard without interference.

I am really looking forward to seeing what you can accomplish with the Type 143 FAC hulls that I sent to you.  Since they are so much larger and doing the scale-o-rama and scaling them down to 1/350th scale from 1/144th will certainly give you a very unique hull shape.

On another note, have you seen the Mirage 1/400 Projekt 1241.8 Missile Corvette built by Charles Landrum on Modeling Madness
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

frank2056

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on November 13, 2008, 03:11:50 AM

On another note, have you seen the Mirage 1/400 Projekt 1241.8 Missile Corvette built by Charles Landrum on Modeling Madness

He did a great job on that kit. They're not bad fitting or molded kits, just lacking in detail.

I'm still working on my ship; I've been sidetracked with a 3D printing project.

Doc Yo

Looks really good, Frank. The delecate detail on the boat ramp is really nice. ( Sorry I didn't see this sooner-
but now you've got me looking at a bunch of old 'box-scale Revell build ups I picked up years ago...dagnabbit. :lol:)