Quick Scalefest Report (caution, contains Twiglets)

Started by Scooterman, May 31, 2008, 06:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

I know vendors don't have to be members but think the display tables are for members only (could be wrong).
If you do sign up, tell them I recommended you and put my # on the form.  I could use the 2 month extension  ;D
My # is 8739.

The Journal has gotten much better but could still use a couple of What If write ups.  Maybe if I ever finish any of my projects.

The US What If SIG is chaired by Glen Broman grbroman@aol.com
Not sure if he is planning anything official or not.  Leigh put the table together for last years Nats.

Would love to see the SIG at the Nats become a regular thing.

Anyone can PM me if you are interested.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

sotoolslinger

GTX, Well I guess that'll teach you :wacko: It's my next project :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: ;D FEASIBILITY me not understand this word

Of course the Hellcat/Typhoon will be built along side the Helldiver with Tigercat engines, and the Shinden with inverted gull wings from a Stuka, and the Shinden with twin tail booms from a P-61 ;D ;D :party: :party:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Martin H

Quote from: Thorvic on June 01, 2008, 03:34:40 PM
You realise the scary part is the SIG displayed on two different continents in the same weekend ...... :blink:

Not bad for a a fringe SIG eh  :thumbsup:

The worst part about that is we cant even shout about it on the IPMS(UK) forum as their host's server is currently down.

Way to go boys, flying the flag for the darkside. we are now well and truly a global community in the real world. Well its about time, seeing as we annexed cyber space years ago LOL
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

GTX

I take it you plan on doing this one:

Because there is also this which you could do:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

RotorheadTX

I brought a packet of Twiglets home to the family...the missus likes them, and wants to get some more.  :thumbsup:

sotoolslinger

Thanks Greg, that would  be an excellent use of the leftovers from the first profile and I have always liked the looks of  the Typhoon, especially the wings. Could you do me a profile of a 'phoon with the intake moved under the wings like a Mustang :wub: :wub:Please please  :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

RotorheadTX

Quote from: philp on June 01, 2008, 06:42:52 PM
Liked the Mak stuff.  Any pics of the other sci fi stuff?

Whoops, missed one of the Luft '46 birds.

Lerche Nachtjaeger:

GTX

QuoteCould you do me a profile of a 'phoon with the intake moved under the wings like a Mustang Wub :wub:Please please  Thumbs Up

I'll see what I can do - it might have to wait until this weekend though if that's ok.  bTW, I take it you mean a Tiffie with the underfuselage radiator intake of the M'tang rather than the standard under chin intake of the Sabre?  Might end up looking a bit like a MB.5.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

nev

Looks like you guys had a great time and great to see you (and the California whiffers) preaching the message of whiffery and the UK style of model show down in deepest darkest Texas  :thumbsup:  The IMPS (UK) What If? SIG salutes your missionary zeal!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mossie

The Tempest Mk.I had the radiators in the wings.  It's close enough to a Tiffie & it doesn't take too much of a stretch to imagine the radiators under them.

And here's the Tornado with ventral radiator:

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sotoolslinger

Oh Mossie that last picture makes my heart go all aflutter  :wub: I was thinking of the radiator intake going back further like a 'Stang. :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

Captain Canada

Quote from: GTX on June 02, 2008, 02:00:25 PM
I take it you plan on doing this one:

Oh man....does that ever have my motor going !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Roger the Cabin Boy

Quote from: sotoolslinger on June 03, 2008, 12:50:30 PM
Oh Mossie that last picture makes my heart go all aflutter  :wub: I was thinking of the radiator intake going back further like a 'Stang. :thumbsup:

But it would surely need more than a radiator moved to fit in your collection?  Multiple Twiglet dispensers?   
The future's so bright, I gotta wear NVGs...

sotoolslinger

Absolutely RtheCB  ;D :lol: All  Stoolslinger aircraft from now on will have multiple Twiglet dispensers as psychological warfare weapons ;D :lol: :lol: :o
I realize this is harsh but we cannot let the enemy gain the upper hand :wacko: :thumbsup: :cheers:
I amuse me.

Mossie

Quote from: sotoolslinger on June 03, 2008, 12:50:30 PM

One rough shop job later, removed the lower exhaust of the Vulture too to make it a bit more Typhoon like:

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.