Quick Scalefest Report (caution, contains Twiglets)

Started by Scooterman, May 31, 2008, 06:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Holy crap  :wub: I mean that with the most respect :wub: :bow: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I will fair the intake backwards toward the tail and forwards in a pretty arc but that is exactly what I was looking for :thumbsup: ;D :lol:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

kitnut617

or it could look like this, the radiator that is.  This was actually proposed for the Hawker P.1027 or as some think it might have been called, the Tempest Mk.VII:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Roger the Cabin Boy

Nice model...

Put the mainwings to the rear, tails to the front Shinden style, graft on turrets where they would be least suspected, and only then you would have the beginnings of a toolslinger type design...   :cheers:
The future's so bright, I gotta wear NVGs...

Mossie

Quote from: kitnut617 on June 03, 2008, 06:52:03 PM
or it could look like this, the radiator that is.  This was actually proposed for the Hawker P.1027 or as some think it might have been called, the Tempest Mk.VII:

Grunty! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

Eddie M.

It looks like I missed a good one.  :banghead: Next year I'll drive the 4 hours to get in on the shindig. ;D
    Eddie
Look behind you!

Sentinel Chicken

You have to see sotoolslinger's stuff in person to appreciate them. His pictures don't do them justice. The Avenger/Skyrocket thing with the beast-o'cannon is super uber cool.

I have more pics to post, but can't know as I'm on the road on a family vacation on the Gulf Coast. But I have seen coolness, yesterday we went to the National Naval Flight Museum at NAS Pensacola and got treated to an extended Blue Angels practice session. Today spent the morning exploring every nook and cranny of the battleship USS Alabama in Mobile.

Supertom

Good lord, I come back from vacation and I find you guys snorting Twiglets.  Do you all realize that Brian called me DURING my vacation about the board?  That's it, I'm staying in and keeping an eye on you guys from now.

"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

GTX

Quotea profile of a 'phoon with the intake moved under the wings like a Mustang

Here's my interpretation - taken literally:

Still think it looks like an out of shape, (one might even say fat) MB.5.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Brian da Basher

That's really smokin' Greg! I wonder if you could replace a Tempest nose (removing the original intake will leave huge holes) with one from a Spitfire?

Brian da Basher

GTX

Quote from: Brian da Basher on June 06, 2008, 02:08:14 PM
That's really smokin' Greg! I wonder if you could replace a Tempest nose (removing the original intake will leave huge holes) with one from a Spitfire?

Brian da Basher

BdB,

It is actually a Typhoon derivative rather than a Tempest, but is this what your thinking (note, this is very rushed)?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Brian da Basher

Thanks, Greg! The section forward of the windscreen looks like a later-variant of Spitfire. Maybe the simplest approach would be to attach the forward fuselage and wings to a Typhoon tail and add a P-51 or Yak-9 scoop. Of course, I probably wouldn't just stop there...

Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

BdaB you go get your own stolen thread ;D  ;D GTX there are only so many cool designs you do that I can build :banghead: Oh yeah , that's right I can just buy more models :mellow: :ph34r: :party: Those last couple are the (oh I can't say that)  :bow: :bow: :bow: I already own a Yak-9. a Spit and Typhoon(s) so let's see whow can build those first ;D :blink: :party:
I amuse me.

kitnut617

Yeah, but now you might as well just build a Martin Baker MB5
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

sotoolslinger

Kitnut , I can hardly reply cause my pants are dancin so much over that last picture :wub: :bow: :party: Is that yours :blink:AWESOME
But with all due sarcasm, :banghead: I'll just run down to my local Hobby Lobby here in Texas and pick me up one of those :wacko: :unsure: :rolleyes:
I amuse me.