K

Zac's in-progress whifs

Started by K5054NZ, June 04, 2008, 09:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K5054NZ

Hi all!

Well, before I got into my bout of Mosquito Fever (surely it'll break soon....right?) and started my Junkyard GB tripod, I had some other stuff underway which I was going to keep secret until I unleashed them upon you, but I don't know which - if any - will ever be finished. So, without further ado:

Luftwaffe reverse-engineered F4U-1D "nachtjager" Corsair! C'mon, with aerials, spinner and Luftwaffe splinter it looks cool! Old Revell kit. Thanks Brian!

RAF Supermarine S.6B. Fast shipboard recon bird, I think. Just wanted to paint her silver and slap on roundels.

Air New Zealand Lightning. I'm not kidding. I got some ANZ DC-10 marks a while back but had nothing to put them on. I'll post the backstory - quite a long, detailed one! - in the "Alt History" topic sometime. Just think - how do 747 jocks get to grips with their new Concordes?

Kittiwake WA201 of the Royal Navy Historic Flight. Shiny, shiny plane.

RAN Kittiwake operated as a warbird by Lynette Zuccoli in Oz.

Turboprop modernized COIN Yak-3. Like the Piper Enforcer, but specifically intended for use in Afghanistan.

LOTS of underwing stuff, tiptanks and new vert stab, stonking great exhausts, as well as a cutdown and reprofiled P-51D prop.

Not pictured are: Fokker D.VII-based Cierva-inspired gyrocopter, Merlin-powered A-24 Dauntless for RAAF, biplane spatted radial shortened open-cockpit racing P-40, scratchbuilt 1:100ish CAC Woomera medium bomber, RNZAF F4U-4, and a Gipsy Moth-based DH monoplane tourer.

Im quite disappointed I ran out of steam on these - too ambitious maybe? I don't know.

Maybe not as ambitious as my Spitfire transformer robot.

Well, what else do you do when you impulsively buy a Concorde transformer kit off your local eBay clone and you have an OOB Airfix 1:72 Mk.IX Spitfire?!

Leg.

Arms, with guns from Revell 1:32 Bf109G.

Eddie M.

Those are some good looking project you've got going Zac. :ph34r: It's always good to se a work bench in use. :thumbsup: :party:
   Eddie
Look behind you!

Shasper

So the hobbit's still alive, splendid!

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

John Howling Mouse

Hey, you actually pulled out the masking tape for that nice little Kittiwake, didn't you?  Nice, sharp lines!  :thumbsup:

A Transformer Spitfire?  That should qualify as an entry in the Junkyard GB too, right?  Lots of extra parts mated to an existing model----fits the bill.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

cthulhu77

Ohhhh, the fecundity !!!  Nice to see you at the what if  table!

K5054NZ

;D I try and do them when I can, Greg! But I've found it disturbingly satisfying lately to do research and do REAL-WORLD!!!  :blink:

However, there is another whif I'm working on ATM.....my gf knows her as Lil Mossie 4....you may be able to guess where its going from the pics, but I am looking forward to posting the end result soon. 1:72 Airfix II/VI/XVIII boxing. Very fun build so far - my second of this box (and third Airfix 72) in 3 weeks.

:ph34r:

gooberliberation

Quote from: K5054NZ on June 04, 2008, 09:55:32 PM
Maybe not as ambitious as my Spitfire transformer robot.

YES!!! I've been wanting to do something like that (albeit with a modern jet) but I've never had the nerve to start :bow:
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

K5054NZ

Sadly it doesnt transform, but the idea is there - I don;'t want it too just look like a robot with bits of Spit on it!

Sisko

Nice group of models.

I do like the RAN kittyhawk. :thumbsup:

But I really want to see your junkyard tripod finished. Now get to work! ;D
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

K5054NZ

;D Not gonna bother doing longer legs, I'm just going to build some "feet", slap on some paint and post the Machine!

Re the Kittiwake, yeah, Lynette goes for nothing but the best results. Well done Aerotec ;)

Brian da Basher

Your Kittiwakes are some of my all-time favorites, Zac and I think this one may be the cream of the crop! I really like the nice tight demarcation between the sky undersides and the gray uppers. The way you've "upo-gunned" it only adds to my enjoyment!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Shasper

Quotemy gf knows her as Lil Mossie 4....

HOLD THE PHONE - You've got a gf now? :o

Shas b)
- Bud S.

K5054NZ

Dude, we've been through this before haha! Four months last Monday :D meet the lovely Tiff:

(in real life she's actually a very nice girl........)

Shasper

Well I wasnt sure if I heard rgt mate, like you said it's been 4 mts since we went clubbin'. . . Does she have a sister? ;)

Good stuff (model wise) so far man, cant wait to see what you come up with next!

Shas 8)
- Bud S.