Hawker/Grumman GT-X24 Hellstorm

Started by sotoolslinger, June 09, 2008, 07:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Quote from: sotoolslinger on June 09, 2008, 06:18:46 PM
Cool tip JHM :wub: thanks. Now how do I link the GTX profile this is from to the GB :unsure: :blink:

Like this:

Man, that's a lot of putty!!!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Captain Canada

Now that is cool ! I fell in love with that profile as well, such a tough looking bird. I printed off a few pages so I could colour them in. My kids been havinn fun doing it for me !

Great stuff. Sure does look like alot of work !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sotoolslinger

Thanks CapC, yeah it is a lot of work but I work in shapes. I just see things that need to go together and have to make it that way. This is actually the first time I have ever seen a picture and had to build it. :wub: It's coming along really well ,alot faster than I thought it would. :thumbsup: I may try to do one of Gregs Typhoons with the intake moved back under the wing too. :wacko:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

sotoolslinger

The X in X24

The Napier Cutlass 24 cylinder X block engine

2500 horsepower supercharged  fuel injected

Also the .75 bore machine guns

I amuse me.

Brian da Basher

Not only is she incredibly high powered, but also armed to the teeth!!!

Love it, Toolslinger!!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

And after much PSR she looks like this

24 cylinder Napier Cutlass

With .75 cal guns

And 1 inch cannon

Possibly the ugliest aircraft of the conflict its utility was undeniable.Its top speed of 460+ mph allowed it to break off contact at will. It could climb out of a dogfight almost as well as it could dive.This allowed it to engage any fighter plane at low levels as well as intercept bombers at high altitudes :wacko:
I amuse me.

Sisko

Man this is lookin like one of your best builds yet!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

upnorth

Would not want to be a Panzer commander with something like that bearing down on me. :o

Wild stuff and a brutal looking bird. Love it. :wub:
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

retro_seventies

i think i'm in love.... :wub: :wub: :wub:

with the plane, obviously.  I mean, i like you just fine, but you know....you don't have 24 cylinders.  ;D

Great job blending that engine in - brilliant stuff!
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

sotoolslinger

Thanks ya'll ,I can't believe puttying that nose up came together like it did.This one will definitely have to have teeth decals :wacko:
I amuse me.

Arc3371

Animorphy

Quote from: sotoolslinger on June 11, 2008, 07:45:33 AM
Thanks ya'll ,I can't believe puttying that nose up came together like it did.This one will definitely have to have teeth decals :wacko:

Hells yes!

jcf

A real world technical note:
15mm equals .59 inches so the nose guns would be .60 cal, which by the way was the new heavy caliber specified by the US during WWII.
The best known of the .60 weapons developed is the T17 series heavy MG/cannon which was directly based on the MG 151.
The T17 series used a 15mm projectile in a necked down 20mm case... a very hot round.

Jon

sotoolslinger

Good catch Jon, That'll teach me to try to remember stuff instead of actually consulting resourses :banghead: :banghead: I just went and got 2 squares and sure enough 15 mm lines up with between 9/16 and 5/8 or 19/32 not 3/4 which would be .75 cal. so ignore my previous ignorant posts the nose guns are .60 bore :banghead: :banghead:
I amuse me.

jcf

The .60 guns also make for a good mess-with-heads element as two of the projects (one by Bendix, the other designated T18) were based on the Hispano Suiza HS 404... especially fun as the best known recognition feature of the Hisso is the barrel spring.  ;D :wacko:

Jon