Hawker/Grumman GT-X24 Hellstorm

Started by sotoolslinger, June 09, 2008, 07:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: sotoolslinger on June 15, 2008, 05:10:24 PM
Thanks JHMouse ,it's this one
I apprieciate the tips and will use them in the future.
Maybe I just suck at photograpy I actually thought  this was pretty good :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
This is my first double action airbrush, big learning curve

You're right: this IS pretty good just the way you painted it.  I pulled my earlier post.  Probably the least friendly advice is the unsolicited variety.  Paint on, brother!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

sotoolslinger

Nope I won't have that  >:( I always apprieciate ALL feedback ESPECIALLY FROM SOMEONE LIKE YOU :wub: :wub: :wub:
Your level of skill gives us all something to aspire to :bow: :bow: :bow:
I amuse me.

BlackOps

Damn this is looking good! Keep on doing whatever it is you do because you have been putting out some awesome builds  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

retro_seventies

You just carry on what you're doing matey - i'm loving everything that you've done so far...can't wait to get to know you better!

You've been a real breath of fresh air around here, and your passion is contagious.  Hell, i haven't even fondled a kit for months and all of this creativity that you are leaking has even got me snipping things off sprues again...don't stop!

The mouse is a genius.  This is a fact - we all know it, no matter how humble he is.  There are very few people that i would actively solicit advice from, and for sure, he's one.  I know for a fact that the last thing he would want is to be Buzz Killington!   

Keep on keeping on buddy! 
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Sisko

Hey man I have that exact one!

I had an aztec before. The Paasche is a great airbrush. The only advice I can give is get a fine needle and don't be afaid to make the paint really thin.

I love the colour scheme and the layout.

:thumbsup:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

sotoolslinger

Thanks all ya'll for your feedback and of course for feeding my huge ego monster. I feel sure I will improve at my airbrushing as I have about a million projects to practice on ;D :wub: :party:
I amuse me.

Brian da Basher

This one has all the makings of a true masterpiece, Toolslinger! That's one of the most awesome camo schemes to come down the pike!
:bow:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Thanks BdaB give me a little while for the dullcote to dry and you'll see her with decals ;D
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

All righty then I got the call today , BY Monday I have to be in Californication, to start a J.C. Pennys' :banghead: :banghead:
That includes having to go to yet another ,further doctor about the famous trashed knee tomorrow . :banghead: :banghead:
So the rest of the week I will be trying to finish stuff in between packing
But you can't stop me ;D
Today I did this

Scary monster face

AHHHH!!!! More scary monster face

Since I of course scavenged the decals I had to hand paint the bottom of the teeth decals

From above, looking at you

Some decals

Detail painting and weathering is of course not done yet.
She will also get British style big head ,rail type rockets and a centerline drop tank.
I amuse me.

Rafael

Now, I believe that dictionaries in their "warbird" definition, should have a picture of this :wub: :wub: :wub:

At your feet, master :thumbsup:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

sotoolslinger

Thanks Rafa, I hope to someday be able to work in varied mediums(mmmm cardboard) :bow: :bow: :party:
I amuse me.

lancer

Bloody heck STS, that bird is amazing. The more I look at it, the more the Hellcat look so right with the Typhoon front end, I wonder how it would have performed for real. Well done on a damm fine job.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Brian da Basher

That shark's mouth and the bloodshot eyes are just perfect!

I'm beginning to wonder if you hang out with Eddie.
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Thanks ya'll ;D Much appreciation to all of you .
As to hanging out with The Model Whisperer..... I should be so lucky  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
I amuse me.