The RULES!!!!

Started by anthonyp, June 09, 2008, 05:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Quote from: Thorvic on June 12, 2008, 04:35:38 AM
Erm shouldnt the Artist who did the profile for the winning model also recieve a prize ?

Terrific idea Geoff  :thumbsup:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Sentinel Chicken

I'm obviously smitten with the theme of this group build and regardless of whose artwork is used in the winning model, I'll send the winner their choice of one of the prints of my work that I have on hand.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Sentinel Chicken, sir.... On behalf of my good friend & fellow moderator Mr. Shrieking Rodent, and all the folks planning to enter this here GB....

Thank You.... sincerely, really appreciate the offer.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

anthonyp

SC, you ROCK!!

And this is indeed shaping up to be a fun and all encompassing one.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Shasper

One question, would I be able to entice one of our great artist to come up w/a profile just for the GB? I'm pondering on what to do w/a Revell Easy kit I've got with me but for the subject in question I'm not "feelin" it.

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

anthonyp

I'd say either PM them or put up a challenge in the "Profiles and CGI" forum.

John Howling Mouse

Thanks, SC.  That is cool.

I agree that providing the profile artist with something would be very appropriate.  I was considering setting up a paid Photobucket account for the artist behind the winning profile, giving them way more online archive filespace for linking to their much-appreciated works of art.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

It was mentioned on the Mstang thread by the Great Screaming Cheese Afficianado that this should be an entry

Markings based on ARC's super Free German Mustang
What do you think ? Is it eligible?
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

John Howling Mouse

I will confer with IHG as I have no problem with people entering appropriate subjects that are already in-progress when the GB is initially made "official" on the Forum.  Only if a model is already complete when the GB is officially executed would I have a problem with it and, even then, such a subject could still be posted as "inspiration" for others to drool over and wish they could vote for it.

McGreig

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on June 15, 2008, 04:59:42 PM
I will confer with IHG as I have no problem with people entering appropriate subjects that are already in-progress when the GB is initially made "official" on the Forum. 
JHM/IHG - Remember my VG Prowler, based on Wyrmshadow's CGI profile, www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,19029.0.html which has been dormant since February?  Although the basic airframe is complete, it still needs a lot of work before it will be ready for painting, let alone finished. Could this be resurrected and moved into this GB?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

McG

At work just now so cannot see any pics, will have a chat with Barry, and let you know, OK ?

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: McGreig on June 17, 2008, 04:14:23 AM
Quote from: John Howling Mouse on June 15, 2008, 04:59:42 PM
I will confer with IHG as I have no problem with people entering appropriate subjects that are already in-progress when the GB is initially made "official" on the Forum. 
JHM/IHG - Remember my VG Prowler, based on Wyrmshadow's CGI profile, www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,19029.0.html which has been dormant since February?  Although the basic airframe is complete, it still needs a lot of work before it will be ready for painting, let alone finished. Could this be resurrected and moved into this GB?

At what state is the current model in?  If it's not finished, I'd say go ahead and enter it unless other entrant(s) have significant issue with that, in which case, you could always enter it as a "exposition model."

Captain Canada

I think, to the artists involved, that having someone turn your work into a model would be prize enough !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

anthonyp

Quote from: anthonyp on June 09, 2008, 05:10:06 PM
7  A degree of flexibility allowed, however the final model must be the same type as the profile - eg Gekko's MiG 21's..... Using a different version of MiG 21 (PF instead of MF) may be OK, using a MiG 23 isn't.

Colours - always open to interperatation, but common sense applies.  It depends upon how far the builder has veered (accidentally or deliberately) from the profile.

Markings - self evident really, the 'stickers' on the final model should match as close as possible the markings on the profile. However, if, say, the side number on the model is 132 and the profile is 123, no one's going to cry.
Ok, I got a question on this one.  Could one interpret the markings on a model a little different? 

Take my MI ANG F-15's, for example.  While I based them on Jenning's profile, I also added my own twist, "finishing them" in my mind (only one chevron on the tail, extending the tail checkerboard all the way up, putting a checkerboard on the intakes, etc). 

Could I do this to, say, Maverick's MI ANG F-14G profile and still be counted?  Still doing it, just want to know if this it's allowable in this GB or if it's just going to be done in the spirit of the GB and not eligible.

Gary

Can you draw your own profile and then build it? I wanna do a Canadian A-10 but I'm afraid I wasn't that inspired by the wonderful drawing done by Mr. J. My drawing will suck in relation to his, but it's the idea I like. A Beaver Hog in special Afghan theatre paint. I even have the back story worked out.
Getting back into modeling