OK, so wotcha gonna build ??

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, June 09, 2008, 11:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

So far, the best and worst thing about this GB is that it has motivated me to peruse the Profiles section at great length.
That's a good thing due to the number of passionately and dynamically talented graphic artists we have on the board.
But, all the same, it is like jabbing rusty nails into my own eyes trying to pick a subject or two out of all the fantastic ideas out there!

After more than a week of trying to choose, I think I've narrowed it down to an Egyptian Viggen, a Flying Tigers Viggen (both by Zactoman) and a Canadian Phantom (can someone tell me who came up with this one...I have a feeling it is one of our Canadian friends, heh, heh).    :thumbsup:

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Gekko_1

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on June 09, 2008, 11:32:05 PM
As one of the sponsors of this here GB, I'll put my head on the block first:-

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,13475.0.html

David Brock's RAF MiG 21MF aggressor. Already have the (Academy) kit, AND it will fit happily into the RAF 100 theme for the Nationals.

Will add some more when I've trawled through Mav's thread !

Ian

Well I've trawled through the first fifteen pages of John's profiles..... so far I cannot decide between a Spanish Nationalist J2M Raiden, a 617 Sqn Merlin or a SAAF Javelin...... and that's only a quarter of what he's produced over the last couple of years.

This is gonna take some time  :blink:

Ian

Cool, thanks Ian!

Are you doing the desert camo one or the RAF camo scheme?

:cheers:

Richard.

Gekko_1

OK, here's my first one. :thumbsup:

and now, here's my second! :wub:

Now, I have to pick one more! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! :banghead: :party:

:cheers:

Richard.

philp

I want to build a Dutch Spit and BdB has already sent me markings I can use.  Also thinking of an Estonian one but was kinda holding these for the eventual Spitfire GB.

Picked up a Viking but have 3 or 4 different schemes planned for that plane, Firebomber, Dutch, Norwegian and British Falklands.

There is my B-26K Marauder in SEA.

My Chipmunk but probably hold that for the Trainers with Teeth.

Would love to do my LDSAF F-51 but no profile for that (hint, hint)

and, and ...
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

BlackOps

Man is this ever tough! I'm going to start with one of Gekko's Mig 21's....Still trying to decide which  :blink:

Maybe this:

or this:

or this:

After I get the MiG-21 going I'll see if there's time for another build....so many good profilers and profiles to choose from!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Mike Wren

in the interests of keeping it simple I'm planning on doing a Swedish Harrier  :huh: as per BBC's profile

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Hman

Oh that was my idea...well kind of...

Maverick has come to my rescue http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=13559.0;attach=13007;image

I have a Frog GR1!
"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Darren on June 25, 2008, 01:09:22 PM
Oh that was my idea...well kind of...

Maverick has come to my rescue http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=13559.0;attach=13007;image

I have a Frog GR1!

Now that will look great..... might I suggest a band of dayglo orange around the drop tank, similar to the G91's.... just a thought  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Hman

Hmmm...I might do just that?   Not sure what weapons load I should give it?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Darren, just a coupla drop tanks on th inner pylons would be fine..... GR1's rarely ventured out without them - very short legs. You might have a problem finding codes & crosses to fit the rear fus, I'd suggest mugging a passing 1:72 Alpha Jet... codes should be about right  :mellow:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Hman

Yes keep it simple...works for me.  With dayglo stripes on the drop tanks!