OK, so wotcha gonna build ??

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, June 09, 2008, 11:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzerWulff

Would this count???

I would love to do this F-15 version but I'm having a hard time finding a workable kit for the conversion

"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Right then, here's my first:-

Will be built pretty much OoB, from this profile by our Mav, chappie.

I'll hopefully get time to do a third - the RAF MiG 21 is a definite for later - but it depends on one big factor. Mrs. Hunter Gatherer is due to deliver a new Hunter-Gatherer in the next couple of weeks, so needless to say, modelling time may be at a premium !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

Aaaarghghgh this is killing me.  After determindly saying "I will only build 1 kit for this GB and it will be a Typhoon, and I will do it in the 1WGB" I find myself looking at all those fantastic profiles and I want to do them alllll!!!

Right now I'm especially drawn to all those fantastic Osprey profiles Mav did.  Haven't got an Osprey in the stash....today ;)

Or those brilliant Mirage IIIs/2000s.  I've got an M2K in the stash - always planned for it to be RW, but the Italeri kit would be an ideal 1 week project.....
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Taiidantomcat

Im in with Maverick's Treble One Tomcat, (like Ian with RAF-100 in the back of my mind) have not decided on a scale though...

Ben
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

GTX's Typhoon /Hellcat and possibly a 'Phoon with the intake moved back under the wing ala 'Stang
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

proditor

PanzerWulff

That Lanc looks Yummy  :wub: :wub: :wub:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Mossie

Quote from: nev on June 10, 2008, 02:08:26 AM
I would *love* to do one of Mossie's Japanese V-22 Ospreys, but I think time and lack of suitable kit would preclude that.

Didn't do any V-22's Nev!  That was Mav:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,13559.msg250454/highlight,jasdf.html#msg250454

It's maybe my Rotodyne you're thinking of, if you want really to do this one, I can spare one of my Airfix kits....

I think these are all of the rest of my JASDF profiles Nev in case it was one of those you were thinking of:

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Quote from: proditor on June 15, 2008, 01:19:21 PM
I'm going old school.

Old Skool for me too:

There'll be a couple of changes, it'll have a flat canopy & two bladed prop (think this was what J intended).  The jury's out on wether or not I'll go with that exact camo scheme, but it'll probably be pretty close, markings will be near as dammit.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

Yes Mossie, I realised it was Mav with the Ospreys  :banghead:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Mossie on June 16, 2008, 04:18:44 PM

There'll be a couple of changes, it'll have a flat canopy & two bladed prop (think this was what J intended).  The jury's out on wether or not I'll go with that exact camo scheme, but it'll probably be pretty close, markings will be near as dammit.

Just to echo what we've all pretty much concluded. There is simply SO MUCH GOOD STUFF to choose from - I could easily sit down with three Spit I's and build three very different models from Jennings profiles', the same with Mav's A-6's & A-7's and Gekko's MiG 21's & FGR2's - well you get the idea. Looking through the profiles I have transferred to disk and still have on my hard-drive, I lost count at 350 !

Simon, I was close to building that too, may still do one of the Finish, Greek or Dutch ones, Jennings posted...... I'd stick with his colour scheme, simply as it's so easy to paint (even with a hairy stick), and let's be honest that broad red band is going to scream "Look at me" on whatever background !

Go for it, you know it makes sense  :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Radish

Yes.
Right.
I'm "in".
Not sure what though.....possibly....no, I'll be sure before I post.
Mmmmmmm......crackin!! :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Mossie

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on June 17, 2008, 02:03:00 AM
Quote from: Mossie on June 16, 2008, 04:18:44 PM

Just to echo what we've all pretty much concluded. There is simply SO MUCH GOOD STUFF to choose from - I could easily sit down with three Spit I's and build three very different models from Jennings profiles', the same with Mav's A-6's & A-7's and Gekko's MiG 21's & FGR2's - well you get the idea. Looking through the profiles I have transferred to disk and still have on my hard-drive, I lost count at 350 !

Simon, I was close to building that too, may still do one of the Finish, Greek or Dutch ones, Jennings posted...... I'd stick with his colour scheme, simply as it's so easy to paint (even with a hairy stick), and let's be honest that broad red band is going to scream "Look at me" on whatever background !

Go for it, you know it makes sense  :blink:

Ian

Think you're right Ian.  May go with a darker green as used on re-painted aircraft rather than the standard Russian camo, but it'll remain green over blue.  Thanks for keeping me on track! :thumbsup:

Brian da Basher

I'll be doing one of these gorgeous Maverick profiles with my less-than-stellar vintage 1/72 MRC P-36 kit:

I may have to fudge the squadron markings a little as I don't have those exact ones in the decal stash and I'll probably be using scratch-built spats should I go for that version and my colors may be just a shade different. Still, you can color me inspired!

Many thanks, Mav!

Brian da Basher

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen