F-4 FVS (swing wing Phantom)

Started by Nimras, June 14, 2008, 07:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimras

Hi guys here is the post that I tried to sent last night after watching the All Blacks beat England again( was sent as an article which has now been changed)

About 20 years ago I was given a book (avation fact file modern fighting aircraft F-4) and in this book under the heading of Development they had a small picture with a couple of paragraphs about the proposed design for a swing wing phantom F-4 FVS, I loved it and ever since then I have wanted to build it.
so better late than never here goes

I have got over the last couple of weeks a esci F-14 & a fujimi F-4N through trademe (New Zealands version of ebay) I have joined the fuselage halfs together and removed the wing mount from the F-14 and with the help of the wounderful stuff blu-tac I have begun shaping them to fit the fuselage.
I have been thinking of the paint scheme which is at this stage the sundowners version is the first choice because they flew F-4 & F-14 & I have there decals (VF-2 & VF-103 both came with th F-14 which are possible schemes)
love to here the comments  enjoy

AeroplaneDriver

Another Kiwi!! Welcome!  :cheers:

Looking forward to seeing this one develop!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

NARSES2

Wellcome aboard - by the way did you watch the cricket ?  ;D

Looking like an interesting build
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

B777LR

Patrick H

welcome to the nuthouse, Looking at this cool project, it seems you will fit in perfectly  :lol:

:cheers:
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

sotoolslinger

Cool project ,nice plactic mangling, welcome to the site ;D BTW is it really true that ya'll all have hairy feet :blink:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

JoeRugby

Quote from: Nimras on June 14, 2008, 07:52:43 PM
Hi guys here is the post that I tried to sent last night after watching the All Blacks beat England again

No matter how many times I see it I never tire of it !!!

Great looking build you have there !  The F4 has sooo many WIF possibilities !  May have to pick one up...sadly though I do not think it will look good with spats, sorry Brian !

ALL BLACK - ENOUGH SAID !!!

John Howling Mouse

I went to the main page, saw the finished model and nearly fell outta my chair.  Got to ensure Eddie has a look.  He had some similar bashing to F-4's.  This is quite the eye-catcher, Nimras.  Welcome aboard!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Nimras

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 15, 2008, 01:46:45 AM
Wellcome aboard - by the way did you watch the cricket ?  ;D

Looking like an interesting build

cricket not my thing not a real sport when named after a insect  ;D

heres some more pics

ysi_maniac

This project has been in my wish list for years. Much interested in your work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :wub:
Will die without understanding this world.

Nimras

Hi finally got back, I have been finishing the last of my course and with the build of a mustang for a mate (see pic) I havent got much done but what I have done I think looks ok. the wheel wells come from a f 15 & with the help of a hot sharp knife we had a couple of holes, I will let those who need to now how the engines fit work it out yourselfs some lead in the nose & wing mounts glued on. now to start filling & puttying etc
cheers Richie

LemonJello

That looks like an amazing kitbash you've got going there. 
The Corps is a department of the Navy? Yeah, the Men's department.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Rafael

Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER