Finally! A dedicated workbench

Started by BlackOps, June 15, 2008, 06:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

We've been in our house for three and a half years now and the "Hobby Room" has been nothing but wall to wall storage until this weekend. We decided it was time to make the room functional for the purpose we intended when we moved in.

Now mind you I share the room with my wife and it needs to be painted, the walls are hideously bright yellow and sky blue. My wife is bothered more by this than I am and it will be much nicer when we can get it painted. One side of the room is for my models and such and one side is for my wife's crafts (can't see her side in the pics).

Here's a pick of my new work space

Here's a pic of the stash, (currently just under a hundred kits) nice to see it all in one place :)

I'm so happy  ;D I no longer have to set up on the kitchen table and clean up before dinner I can leave an in progress build out while I work on it  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Daryl J.

Ed S

Congrats.  It's always nice having a dedicated work area.  Of course, sharing the room with the wife means you can't let it get totally out of control.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Sisko

Nice work room. Colours are not that offensive.

Of course the tidy layout will last all of about a week.

Cover the walls in some posters and it will be sweet. :thumbsup:

Oh by the way I think your cat is posessed :wacko:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Patrick H

looks like a nice place you've got there. Always good to have a dedicated workspace. Offcours you know you'll run out of space in a month or so?   :wacko:

:cheers: and good luck with the new room
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

sotoolslinger

I'm jealous,  ;D nice room, nice stash, nice kitty :wub: :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

B777LR

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Brian da Basher

That's a great work area, Black Ops! I always enjoy seeing workbench shots!

You guys all do this like grown-ups don't you?
;)
Brian da Basher

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

sotoolslinger

Now I'm really jealous as I just got the call this morning that I have to be back on the road starting next Monday. In Califorina no less :banghead: :banghead: and I can't take my cat :banghead: :banghead:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Rafael

Glad you made the workbench operational!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The cat is a perfect companion for modeling purposes, just keep its tail taped safely, and you three will have beautiful moments of fun there.

I still have to build my model room. My stah rests on the floor inside a closet, and is almost spilling out of it. My bench is an old computer table badly needing its surface smoothed, and the display is a couple of old open cabinets, with dust all over it.

Now, you only need to untidy the place a little and you'll have the perfect setup.

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

BlackOps

Thanks for the kind words everybody! I'm looking forward to getting the chance to give the new workspace a test run! The good news is when I'm not in there I can close the door and keep the cats out (can't trust the spoiled beasts from stealing parts to play with when I'm not watching them).

Aircav, you have the eyes of an eagle!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Oooooooh, now the masterpieces are really gonna start pouring out....good for you!  I spot a cutting board on Ms. BlackOps' side of the room...does she sew?
I share our craft/hobby room with Ms. Hitler, who sews.  It gets to the point where I don't feel like bashing plastic if she's not in the room with me.

Your walls aren't too bad...if that blue was a deeper hue, you could pretend you work for Flyvviggnaaptipat or whatever in Sweden.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

BlackOps

Barry, Christine does rubber stamping, customizes dolls, cross stiches and assorted other crafty things so it works out pretty well for us being compatible in the hobby dept. When not at work we are almost always together so I know what you mean about not feeling like building if she's not there.

We are also both Legomaniacs as well, so the closet that you can't see in the photo is packed solid floor to ceiling with legos :blink: 

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.