Typhoon J

Started by nev, June 19, 2008, 01:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Its been put on the back burner whilst the 1WGB is ongoing, but I did give it another coat of light blue, with a drop of medium blue in, just to darken it up a bit (thought it was a little too "Baby Blue" as Hatchet said.

Yes, the fit round there is poor.  Lots of bad fit in fact.  Will be interested to see the HobbyBoss kits, especially with the rate the Revell moulds are detoriorating  :banghead:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Gary F

Thanks for the info, Nev.  I think I finally trimmed and scraped out enough in that area to let the bottom wing sit properly ... guess I just wasn't expecting the fit to be that fiddley.

Gary F

nev

OK, got the dark blue on today.  First up, making lots of little blu-tac sausages and filling the gaps with masking tape

Then on with the dark blue.......used Tamiya paints, dried to a very coarse, very matt finish.  I've had this with other Tamiya paints I've airbrushed, but not the light blue which dried to a nice satin sheen  :unsure:

Remove the masking tape, et voila!

Unfortunately, in the process of masking I managed to crack the starboard wing root  :banghead:  Twill need a touch up.

Nevertheless, I'm really happy with how the colours have turned out :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ed S

Nice, Nev.  Those colors look good on the Typhoon. 

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

sotoolslinger

Good looking plane, good looking paint :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Damian2

Man Nev that looks so sweet I may have to put one of my 1/48 Revel birds to this!!

What are you going to arm her with if I may ask??

D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

nev

Thanks

Stores will be 2 x ASM-2, 2 x AAM-3, centreline tank.

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

AeroplaneDriver

Looking superb Nev!  You really have a knack with JASDF schemes.  Nice looking 'pit too.

I hate to hear about the issues with the kit.  I just got one this past week and havent really looked at it, I just assumed from all I'd read previously that it was a great kit.  I'll be peeved if it turns out to be crap.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

nev

Well, pretty much everyone reported a few sink holes and missing panel lines on the kit when first released.  Its the *really* heavy flash and short shots on detail parts that is the big problem now.  I normally enjoy removing flash - I find it quite therapeutic, but this is hard work as the flash is so thick and there is a real danger of destroying the parts they surround

QuoteYou really have a knack with JASDF schemes

I just copy what they do!

AeroplaneDriver

Well I took a closer look at my copy and at forst glance it looks pretty good.  There are a couple of small sinkholes on the flaps and a little flash around the burner nozzles, but otherwise it seems pretty good.

And I apologise Nev, I was under the impression the JASDF were copying you.   ;D
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Ian the Kiwi Herder

And the winner is......... :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mike Wren

kitnut617

What he said --- Ooh err!          :wub:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike