Typhoon J

Started by nev, June 19, 2008, 01:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

Niiiiice! I especially like the pattern around the tail. This is gonna be sweet when it's done!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Captain Canada

Oh man that is looking good ! I say everybody here sends the Nevster their spare meatballs so he can continue to churn out these Oriental beauties.

Great job on the paint, Nev. She's really looking the part. And adding the missiles is really goijng to make her stand out.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Well, painted all the non-blue bits.  This baby is ready to be glossed and decalled!

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

mmmm...can I come over and see this paintjob in person?   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

nev

No, you'll see the flaws then!

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Lookin' great, Nev. Keep the pics coming.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Damian2

Schaweet!!!

Give us more Nev!! Give us more!!!

D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

nev

QuoteGive us more Nev!! Give us more!!!

QuoteKeep the pics coming

Well, since you guys asked....

Had a bit of a disaster - dropped the model, nose first onto the table.  Pointy but will need a bit of reshaping....

But got all the decals on, plus a few stencils for intrest (shhhh, don't tell anyone, but they're in Italian ;)

Next time you see this, she will probly be done.

Mossie

Italian, Japanese, Martian, all the same really!  Glad the prang didn't work out too badly Nev, especially at this stage.  Looking forward to seeing it done! :ph34r:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Hobbes

Is the IRST next to the cockpit part of the kit, or something you added?
The twoseater doesn't have that part.

Aircav

Butterfingers  ;D
Looks great Nev  :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Gary F

Nev,

Sorry to hear about the nose prang but looks like it'll fix okay.  Looking good otherwise.
  I noticed the gray panels on the wing inboard leading edges ... are those di-electric panels?  Hadn't picked up on them before and need to account for them on my Typhoons ...

regards,
Gary F

nev

Quote from: Hobbes on July 29, 2008, 08:38:33 AM
Is the IRST next to the cockpit part of the kit, or something you added?
The twoseater doesn't have that part.

Actually it does Harro - see my build thread here

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=105406

halfway through I realised that the instructions were wrong (for then) and took it off.  Pretty much all the RAF fleet seems to have PIRATE fitted now though.

nev

Quote from: Gary F on July 29, 2008, 10:47:03 AM
  I noticed the gray panels on the wing inboard leading edges ... are those di-electric panels?  Hadn't picked up on them before and need to account for them on my Typhoons ...

Well, I can't find any reference to them, put if you look at pics of operational Typhoons, its clearly a different shade of grey

Compare it to the different grey on the nose of the wingtip DASS pod.  Which does make me wonder if there is some thing electronic involved there.  Also note the AMRAAM on the middle wing pylon - total of 6 AMRAAMs :D