Whif GB on ARC

Started by AeroplaneDriver, June 20, 2008, 09:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

In case anyone's interested in showing them how it's done...   ;D

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=156737
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

B777LR

Lol, lets invite them all! :wacko:

Tuck

I, the serpent, have left the apple out, so to say, for them......

MUHAHAHAHAHAHH!!! :wacko:
"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

sotoolslinger

I just joined over there recently due to influences here but I haven't been back very often. As close as I could find to my stuff over there was the Sci-fi thread and most of the few responses sounded like  :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: If they really go through with this GB idea I am afraid my stuff will make their heads explode :wacko: :wacko: BUT I'M IN  ;D ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Captain Canada

I dunno......I check into ARC once in awhile for my 'real world' fix, but they've got their site and we've got ours. Just my .02 cents.

:ph34r:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 20, 2008, 11:34:34 AM
I dunno......I check into ARC once in awhile for my 'real world' fix, but they've got their site and we've got ours. Just my .02 cents.

:ph34r:

Segregationist!!!

;D

Seriously, I do know what you mean, the tones of the two boards are very, very different in my opinion, with this one being the favorite by a long shot (followed by BM, then ARC a distant 3rd).  I can see them having a whif GB where a lot of entries are F-16s in a slightly different shade of gray, but I think it would be fun to enter.  I'm planning on a whif Bucc for their Matchbox GB too.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Brian da Basher

Thanks for posting that link, AD! I, of course, had no choice but to offer encouragement.  :wacko:

I've been a member over on ARC for a few years now. It was sometime around the Great ARC Hacking Incident that I found my way over here.
If it makes you feel any better, Toolslinger, I built my Hawker Sea Furious for the Matchbox GB over on ARC and it didn't even get one comment. I'm glad it was well received here.
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Well it just goes to show that brilliant folks with good imaginations flock together ;D :wub: as do sheep :party:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 20, 2008, 11:45:10 AM
F-16s in a slightly different shade of gray,  

W H A T...... there's more than one shade - D*mnit, why wasn't I told !!

:banghead:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

B777LR

Oy, look! They got Alvis' attention!

One of the Tamigawa assembly-modelers seem to be completedly flumaxed by Sotoolslingers Skyrocket on the frontpage  ;D

Captain Canada

I didn't mean any kind of us vs. them thing. I'm just saying we're all pretty much full time whiffers, and all of us showing up for their whif GB would be like all of them showing up here for a real world GB.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Daryl J.

It would be kind of cool to drop a variation of Chris Binnet's Officer Extraction Pack on them:    109 wings with a jet pack and for a tail unit have it articulated in the way a horseshoe crap is jointed.   Rather than having elevators and a rudder, the entire rear ''fuselage'' bends.    Hook it up to someone dressed sort of like The Rocketeer or the like.

Actually, it would be cool to drop it into here too, perhaps even more so.   

:cheers:
Daryl J.