Mi-24 Hind

Started by Matt_S, October 26, 2002, 06:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

A question or two to the more mech minded..........I like the idea of the Kamov style twin rotor n H tail...my question's are.......Would the rotors be shorter in length and how many blades on each...........I know this is whiffing but I would like it to be plausible.......many thanks for any help.....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

elmayerle

Quote from: Army of One on December 25, 2009, 06:35:41 PM
A question or two to the more mech minded..........I like the idea of the Kamov style twin rotor n H tail...my question's are.......Would the rotors be shorter in length and how many blades on each...........I know this is whiffing but I would like it to be plausible.......many thanks for any help.....H

Stictly as a first approximation, I'd go with three blades per rotor and roughly two-thirds the "stock" length.  If you feel it approrpriate, a modest increase in blade chord, on both sides of the spar connecting it to the hub, would likely work well.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Army of One

Thanks.....the way I read it is the blades be shorter n wider.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

elmayerle

Quote from: Army of One on December 25, 2009, 07:22:53 PM
Thanks.....the way I read it is the blades be shorter n wider.......

A succinct summary, 'cept not too short.  I wouldn't shorten them beyond two-thirds the length of the "stock" blades and would probably stop at three-quarters the stock length to be on the safe side.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Army of One

Many thanks....just the answer I was after......it would also need an H type tail or fins on the rear tailplane (KA50/52 style) would it?.....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Sauragnmon

I'm not sure the additional vertical stabilizers would be necessary, though you would have to modify the main vertical to lose the original fairing for the tail rotor.  The extra verticals would look interesting in Ka-50 style on the main tail though.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

GTX

Folks,

The V-24D was supposed to represent a trials bird.  In other words, the tilting pods would be simply attacked with something simple and the rotors removed.  I will try to do a front view shortly to explain better.  For a operational version, I would do something neater.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Sea Hind - I don't know why either:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Mossie

Quote from: GTX on December 28, 2009, 01:52:38 PM
Sea Hind - I don't know why either:

For the sheer hell of it! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Sauragnmon

I think it needs pontoons on the wingtips as well, or else it's going to be unbalanced really.

It's a rather interesting idea, really, if you think about it.  Not sure what purpose it would serve.  Could use the 24P's 30mm side-mount though.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Just call me Ray

Quote from: GTX on December 28, 2009, 01:52:38 PM
I don't know why either:

You shouldn't ask those questions here :)
It's a crappy self-made pic of a Lockheed Unmanned Combat Armed Rotorcraft (UCAR), BTW
Even Saddam realized the hazard of airplanes, and was discovered hiding in a bunker. - Skydrol from Airliners.net

Army of One

....as to what the little tube under the two larger ones is please? I been Google'ing n Jeeves'ing it....found a few pics but no info.....I'm wondering if it is some sort of SA7 field modification...?.....many thanks for any help.....H

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Maverick

G'day AoO,

I'd have to concur with the SA-7 idea.  It seems the most logical store to be there given it's small dimensions and general shape.

Had a look webwise thru a few English language sites and found nothing mentioning it.  Perhaps if we have any Russian speakers in the crew, they might be able to shed more light as I'm sure Cryllic based pages would have to mention something.

Regards,

Mav

Taiidantomcat

I have seen that top pic plenty of times and NEVER even noticed that tube! Great catch!  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Army of One

Many thanks....seen a few diff versions of the pic....this one with the heat haze (?) backround and another that has a clearer background....I wasn't sure if it was real/photoshopped model....seen a few other pics of that armamant fit,just nothing to say what it is...... :banghead:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!